8

"Jihyeon where the fuck have you been?" An angry Taehyung towered over me.

"Oh sorry, Tae. I thought I texted you..."

"Thought you texted me? Thought?! You're so
selfish and irresponsible! I'm sick and tired of you!
Get out! You can't stay with me anymore."

Shaken, I could barely form words to say anything to him. I blubbered and cried all over him as he dragged me out of the door.

"Please Tae no!"

He threw me out the door and slammed it shut.
I sat there crying when suddenly the door opened and Taehyung appeared again.

"I forgot something." His face held no emotion, but a wave of hope swept through me and I got up.

"What is it?" I smiled and he smiled back.

"This," He opened his mouth and his jaw unhinged and sank lower and lower.

"Taehyung.. what the hell is happening?!"

He took a step forward and swallowed me whole.

******

I woke up with a jump. What a weird fucking
dream, but it reminded me that I needed to call Taehyung. He was probably freaking out. Shit. I moved Jungkook's arms and sprang out of bed, running to where my clothes were. Digging through all my pockets, I finally found my phone. It was dead.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit."

Jungkook stirred in his sleep and turned to peer at me.

"Jihyeon, what the hell? What's wrong?"

"Oh Jungkook! You're up! Can I use your phone really quick?"

I probably looked like a madman, but he must've decided not to say anything and just nodded slowly, handing me his now unlocked phone.

I quickly searched for Taehyung's contact and it rung twice before he picked up.

A groggy Tae answered, "Hello, what's up?"

"Oh my god! It's me, Tae! I'm so sorry for not
texting you or calling you. I know you probably want to kill me right now, but I'm safe and not dead in
a ditch somewhere. Forgive me and don't kick
me out or eat me!"

I was met with silence, "What the hell, Jihyeon?
Eat you? Calm down. I know you're okay. Jungkook told me you were with him."

I broke my neck at Jungkook, who was watching me amused. "He what?"

"I was calling you and he picked up the phone instead. Told me you were at his place. By the way, why are you at his place?"

"Oh, that's a long story..."

"Well anyway, be careful. You know how you were last time things went south with him."

I could tell the worry was creeping in his voice. "It's not like that this time," I assured him.

"Okay, okay. I won't press your buttons. I just don't wan't you getting hurt. I hate seeing you like that."

I blushed. Thank god he couldn't see me, "I know, Tae. I promise you I'm good. I'll see you later tonight, I love you."

I saw Jungkook's brows furrow at that, but I ignored him.

"Okay. Bye, Tae." I hung up feeling so relieved. I handed Jungkook's phone back to him and I noticed his face was still scrunched up.

He remained silent and I realized he wasn't going to say anything until I asked him what was wrong, so I did.

"Jungkook, what's wrong?"

He humphed, "Why were you se excited to yell
someone else's name?"

"Oh my god Jungkook, you're such a baby. It's
just Taehyung."

I walked to him so I could straddle him, I began to plant kisses all over his face. He smiled and kissed me back, then muttered, "Your baby."

I laughed, "Yes, my baby."

He laid his head on my chest and wrapped his
arms around my waist, "You know he likes you right? Taehyung?"

I looked down at him, bewildered, "Come again? Taehyung?? Jungkook, he's just my friend. We've been friends forever."

He sighed, "You wouldn't see it anyway. Just know you're mine."

I decided to ignore his previous comments and just smiled and kissed his forehead, "I'm yours and you're mine."

Minutes later, I broke the silence, "We have to go to work tomorrow."

He groaned and fell back on the bed, "Ugh, do we really??"

I leaned over him, "Yes, we do... Mr. Jeon."

"As sexy as it sounds to have you say my name like that , do we have to be talking about work? I wish we could just stay in this moment forever."

I could feel the nervousness rolling off him, I laid down on his chest, "I would love that, but we'd have to leave here sometime. Did you really expect to keep this hidden forever?"

I tried not to let my hurt feelings seep into my
words, but when I think about my relationship with Jungkook, it's not in this apartment. I want him to meet my friends and family, I want to travel and explore with him. But I don't know if he's ready for that.

He opened his eyes to look at me, "I would never want to hide you, Jihyeon. I just want to protect you, protect this... what we have. The world fucks things up. I don't want that."

I think we both heard the unsaid 'again' with those
words. I knew where he was coming from, but
still...

"I think we're strong enough to take whatever the world has to throw at us," I intertwined our fingers together, "Don't you?"

He remained silent for a second, then he pulled me toward him before saying, "Of course." and sealing the unsaid promise with a desperate kiss.

We kissed the doubt away, bracing ourselves and what we had for the world waiting for us.

******

this took so long i'm sorry djgjdk and it's kind of short but next one will be longer, I SWEAR.

what fanfic do you guys wanna see me write next? i was thinking jimin or yoongi but i'm not sure...
(also it'll probably be in 'y/n' format)