19

I took a large breath in and stared at the door in front of me. The door felt so big and all of a sudden I felt so small.

My hands also felt stuck to my sides, I couldn't even bring my fist up to knock on the door.

I don't know if fate heard me and decided to step in but what happened next could not have been a coincidence.

The door swung open. I made eye-contact with Jungkook who was in boxers and a loose shirt. Jungkook's eyes opened wide with surprise,
"J-Jihyeon what are you doing here?"

I, still cursing fate, jumbled my words.

"U-Uh just passing by. What about you?"

He quirked a brow at me, "What am I doing here? At my house?" I balked. This was not off to a good
start.

I rubbed the back of my neck, "Um yeah of course."

He moved to close the door but I put my foot in between and my hand on his arm, "Listen, Jungkook, can we talk?"

I held onto self control even though I felt myself wanting to touch him more. Kiss him. I knew I couldn't.

Jungkook looked between his arm, my hand, and then me. He opened his mouth to respond but was interrupted.

"J, baby?"

Instinctively, I turned my head to the voice, but I couldn't of prepared my heart for what I saw.

A woman in Jungkook's shirt coming out of Jungkook's room. She had long dark hair and she walked with the confidence of someone who always got what they wanted.

I looked from her to Jungkook then down at the floor to cover my tears.

He just stood there looking at me. I chuckled,
"I guess that's the answer I needed. Bye Jungkook."

I crumpled my letter in my hand and threw it at his feet. With one last look at the man I loved, I turned around and swore to never look back.