12

(get some tissues cause this is gonna be emo ;))

I woke up multiple times during the duration of the flight. Every time I began to get anxious or spooked by turbulence, Jungkook either sang to me or tried to distract me with stories about his childhood. However long I had been on the plane gave me time to learn so much more about Jungkook. He would never call his life tragic, just an experience he grew from.

My heart clenched hearing the story about how he lost both his parents so young. He has spent all his time in Seoul, moving around to different cities in Korea. I moved to Seoul from Busan when I was 19 after a year of being in a very toxic relationship. It made me happy to know that Jungkook and I were both from the same place. The connection between us was undeniable and it grew stronger every minute I spent with him.

When I woke up from a nap for the 16th time, I was met with Jungkook's smiling face, "We're here, Jihyeon!"

I tried peering out the window, but I wasn't able to tell where I was still.

"And where is that exactly?"

He laughed, "You'll figure it out at dinner."

He officially had my curiosity peaked, I loved guessing games. As we drove to the restaurant, I threw random guesses at him.

"Bali? Jamaica? The Bahamas? Japan? Umm what is another vacation place? Omg Jungkook tell me!"

I lied. I hate guessing games.

I pouted and pleaded with Jungkook until the car finally stopped and he told me to cover my eyes.

"You are going to be the death of me, Jeon
Jungkook."

He laughed and placed his hand on the small of my back, "Calm down and patiently wait for your surprise, babe."

"I've waited for like a gajillion hours! If that isn't patient..."

I felt myself being lowered into a chair.

"You can open your eyes now."

I opened my eyes and began to adjust them to the
amount of light around me. I was quick to take in my surroundings. Wait. It couldn't be. I quickly picked up the menu in front of me.

"Jungkook. Are we in freaking Greece?!"

I would know Eλληνικά from anywhere. All
through high school I was obsessed with Greek culture. It started with Greek mythology, but
quickly became a love for the culture as a whole. Modern and ancient. I must have told Jungkook that and he actually remembered.

He smiled at me, "Surprise."

I quickly went to his seat and gave him the biggest kiss. I whispered against his lips, "Thank you so much, Jungkook."

"That look on your face was thanks enough."

I blushed, "I lov- I loved this surprise." I caught myself. I wanted to say those three words so much, but maybe it was too soon.

"I love... Greece too. So it's a treat for the both of
us." He rubbed his neck and quickly looked away.

As if the waiter sensed the awkward moment, he came to our table to take our order.

I greeted him in Greek and he was surprised by my fluency in the language, "Wow! Mιλάτε τα ελληνικά
τόσο καλά."

"Σας ευχαριστούμε! Εχω συναρπαστεί πάντα
μετον ελληνικό πολιτισμό."

"Είναι την πρώτη φορά σας εδώ?"

"Ναι και το αγαπώ μέχρι στιγμής!"