Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Jax and I head back to the house and are sitting on the gazebo together. I'm sitting next to him and curled into his side. His arms are around me and he kisses the top of my head. "I called Nero and the boys today." he says. I look up at him and asked "What did he say?" Smiling softly, he said "I told Abel and Thomas that they were coming to live with us and you know what Abel said?" he asked. I just look at him. "He asked if you were going to be his new mommy." He said and his smile was bigger. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah. I told him that yeah, you were going to be his new mommy. He asked what your name was and when I told him Echo, he said he liked that name." he told me and I smiled. "I can't wait to meet them." I tell him. "How long before the rooms are ready?" he asked. "Few more days." I say. He smiles and asked "What all needs to be done?" I think for a minute, "Well, I have to paint the walls in Thomas' room and get the furniture moved in and then get the clothes and toys put in there and they will be done." I tell him. "What do you need me to do?" he asked. "Nothing. You're already handling the farm and helping Jacob finish the house, I got this." I tell him and he smiles.

We head inside and head to bed. Kissing him softly, I say, "Love me Jax." He smiles and kisses me again. Deepening the kiss, he enters me and makes love to me all night making me feel more wanted than anyone ever has before. Once we both reach our release, I snuggle into his side and we fall into a blissful sleep.

Waking up the next morning, Kari and I handle breakfast while Jacob and Jax get ready for their day. Sitting down to breakfast, we eat and talk about what we need to do. Once breakfast is done, we all take our coffees out to the gazebo. "So, have you told your boys they're coming here?" Kari asked. "Yeah. Abel asked about Echo being his new mommy." Jax says and Kari and I smile at each other. "How's the house coming?" I asked. "We are moving the furniture in today. You guys should be able to move in tomorrow." Jax says and we all smile. After they head out for the day, Kari and I clean up the kitchen and she helps me take the dressers outside so that I can paint them.

A couple of hours later, I am painting the dresser for Thomas' room when Carter pulls up. "What do you want?" I asked. "You're coming with me." he tells me. "No, I'm not." I tell him. Next thing I know, he punches me in the face and knocks me out. Waking up, I am tied to a chair in the basement of a house. "Good to see you awake. Now, I told you, you were mine. You hated when I cheated on you but you think it's okay for me to cheat on me with Jax?" he asked and he's clearly pissed. "You and I aren't together. Me and Jax are. You think when he sees I'm missing he won't come right to you?" I asked. "He'd have to find us first. You think I'm stupid enough to take you to my house? No. This is the house that I bought for me and Dana." he says before storming out of the basement leaving me alone.

"Jax!" Kari screams as she comes running up to me and Jacob. "Kari. What's wrong?" he asked. "It's Echo. Carter showed up. He took her." Kari says. "How do you know it was him?" Jacob asked. "I heard them arguing and then saw his car leaving and the paintbrush she was using was laying on the ground." Kari says. He runs his fingers through his hair. "I can't lose her." Jax says. "We'll find her." Jacob says and they all head back to the house.