XVI | Crazy

Camila hadn't gone to sleep yet. She sat in bed playing games. Seeing that Isabelle came back, she excitedly dropped her phone, but then, she fell silent. When she saw how roughed up her friend looked, her smile disappeared.

After a long while, she asked, "Smith, that bastard. Did he hit you again?"

Exhausted, Isabelle laid down in the bed. Her pale white expression stared up at the ceiling for a long while. Then, she broke into a smile and intentionally said in a chilling tone, "Camila, did you know... I got the leading female role in Global Entertainment's upcoming historical drama. Leading-female-role! I'm going to be a star!"

Camila didn't say anything. She only gazed at Isabelle. Under her gaze, Isabelle finally stopped laughing. She slowly turned around, facing away from Camila, and closed her eyes.

The room stayed silent for quite a while until Camila said, "Izzy, half a year ago, when you suddenly made such a fuss about joining the entertainment industry, as the daughter of an influential family, what was your real reason for getting in the entertainment industry?"

Isabelle didn't make a sound.

This question, uncle and auntie had also asked it at the start. Even though her parents passed away when she was young, uncle and auntie looked after her like her biological parents. They couldn't bear to let her suffer even a little bit, so they didn't want her to endure the hardships of the entertainment business. In the end, she had done her best to convince them by saying she was just doing it for fun. Only then did they allow her to go.

Actually, she didn't do it for fun... She entered the industry for him. For he, who now saw her as just a play-thing. For he, who could dispose of her at any given moment, once he was finished toying with her.

Seeing him and Helen named the Best Screen Couple every year, she wanted so much for herself and him to take that title. Even if it was a fake title, something of everyone's imagination, she still wanted it to come true, because she would never have the opportunity to be a real couple with him. It was just like how she pretended to play his wife to do Mrs. Williams a favor.

But now, she fully understood just how much he hated and looked down on her.

Thinking about this, Isabelle couldn't help but drill a mental hole in her brain. Thirteen years. Thirteen years felt like a single day in love with him. She really didn't know just how long she could continue to love him.

Isabelle didn't make a sound for a long while and the room held its silence. But just as Camila thought that she would never hear an answer to her question, Isabelle turned her head, smiled, and said jokingly, "Because there's fast money in the entertainment business."

"Pft... You need money?"

"Nobody complains about having too much money, right?"

"Yeah yeah... Izzy, when you earn a lot of money, don't forget to share it with me!"

"No problem. For every hundred bucks, I'll share a cent with you."

"Capitalists sure are bloodthirsty..."

"Hehe"

"Izzy, no matter how difficult things get. Don't worry. I will always be there for you."

Isabelle fell silent. After a long while, she said with a soft voice, "Camila, thank you."

~*~

Since the night Isabelle had suggested to cancel the deal and Alex's crazed outburst, apart from shooting, she had tried her best to avoid him. Of course, they had to see each other, but if she didn't have to speak, Isabelle would keep her silence.