XLII | Enjoy your night!

Just then, the call went through. Helen raised the phone to her ear and went straight to the point, "Mr. Smith, I'm not Isabelle, I'm Helen. About one hour ago, Isabelle was taken away by Annabelle!"

~*~

Tonight, Alexander had a gathering.

He had never liked attending gatherings, and due to his personality, he never seemed to be able to blend in like the rest. During the gathering tonight, he had barely said a word or even taken a bite.

Halfway through, he had taken out his phone out of boredom and was looking through a social networking app. One crew member had shared the scrumptious meal that they were having and had briefly explained that the dinner was treated by Producer Johnson. In the photo, he spotted Isabelle using her phone as she sat between Camila and Helen.

He stared at the photo for a long while, till someone came up to toast a drink. Without emotion, he kept his phone, raising his wine glass.

It was already 10 pm when the dinner ended. When his assistant went to retrieve the car, he went to the bathroom, bumping into Sophia.

Sophia was on a seven day leave and today was the last day. She had just finished a meal with Jake after he sent her back to the city.

The restaurant was situated on one of the top floors of the building; the skyline could be seen from the height. Jake and Sophia didn't leave after their meal, staying behind to admire the beautiful night view as they chatted about nothing. Only at 10 pm did Jake call for the bill.

Sophia excused herself to the bathroom, and just then, she bumped into Alexander.

He was clearly startled but did not show much emotion, nodding towards her. Without saying a word, he walked to the side, clearing the path for her.

Even though Sophia was confident that Isabelle was the girl that Alexander had been in-love with for all these years, she wasn't entirely sure. Few seconds after he brushed past her, she shouted, "Alexander."

Alexander frowned, hesitating slightly before finally stopping, but he didn't turn to face her.

Sophia turned and, seeing that Alexander had his back towards her, she took a deep breath before walking to face him. Lifting her head to look into his frosty eyes, she pressed her lips before saying, " I think I know who you love."

Alexander's gaze faltered slightly, but he remained emotionless. His lips remained pressed together as he continued to look at her, waiting for her to continue.

"Alexander, do you think your emotionless facade can hide everything?" Sophia lowered her lashes as she chuckled. Looking back up, she looked into his eyes before speaking slowly, "Alexander, the person you like is my.... "

"Ring!"

Alexander's phone rang, cutting her off. He frowned, fishing his phone out. He paused slightly, sinking into a daze when he saw who was calling, as though he couldn't believe that it was happening. He swiped the screen, but before he could say a word, Helen's voice came through, "Mr. Smith, I'm not Isabelle, I'm Helen. About one hour ago, Isabelle was taken away by Annabelle!"

Alexander's eyes dimmed instantly.

The corridor outside the bathroom was silent, and since Helen had raised her volume, Sophia could hear her. Her face fell the moment she heard the content, forgetting what she was about to say.

"What happened to Izzy?" she asked anxiously.

Alexander clenched his lips tightly as he threw his phone back into his pocket. Completely ignoring Sophia, he pushed her aside, taking large strides out.