Prologue

Everyone tries to do their best to love another, but more often than not, they forget to tell each other "I love you".

When Alexander Smith's phone alarm sounded, Isabelle Davis was the first to rouse. Turning sideways, she realized that she had fallen asleep in Alex's arms. After about two seconds, the events from the previous night started coming back to her. Thunderstruck, she ran towards the washroom in a panic.

Isabelle's vigorous actions together with the phone's alarm woke Alexander.

As he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was Isabelle slipping into the shower. Even though it was just a glance, he could clearly tell that she was completely naked, hickeys marking her tender white skin. Snippets from the night before started returning to his mind.

He furrowed his eyebrows. Scanning the room, he took in the mess on the bed, a small bright red patch staining the bedsheets...

Alexander had too much alcohol the night before, which caused him a splitting headache. But this did not hinder his thought process. In just about a second, he figured what had happened between the two of them.

It was not a dream! Everything was real!

His eyes darkened as he clenched the blanket. The next second, he yanked it open and marched towards the bathroom, his face a mask of anger.

Isabelle shut the bathroom door, taking deep breaths. She had also drank alcohol the night before. Intoxicated, she had climbed into Alex's arms. Thinking that it was a dream, she had daringly kissed him, before successfully seducing him. Not once had it occurred to her that it wasn't a dream.

Both Isabelle and Alexander have been married for about two months. However, it was not a marriage of love and the public was not aware of their coupling. The following two weeks after they had married, they had effectively avoided each other with tacit understanding. Once they were out of the house, they automatically regarded the other as a stranger. But now, she had broken their agreement ...

How will he react?

Just the thought of it made her shudder in fear and panic.

After a long while, she reached towards the shower with trembling hands. Just as she was about to calm herself with cold water, the shower door flew open. Alexander charged in angrily. Grabbing her arm, he yanked her back, pushing, and then pinning her against the wall.

Instinctively, she inhaled sharply. But before she could finish her inhale, Alexander snarled, "Isabelle, I never thought you had the ability to take advantage of me, how could you climb into my bed when I was drunk?!"

Exerting more strength, he pulled her chin upwards. Lifting her face, with a tone as cold as ice, he hissed, "lf I remember correctly, on our wedding night, like a lofty woman, the first sentence you said was not to touch you! Now what? Just two months past the wedding and you can't wait to climb into my bed?"

Isabelle's original anxious state intensified under his interrogation. Even her toes were trembling. She bit down on her lip, stunned for a long while, unable to say a word.

Alexander also stopped talking, seemingly patient.

Silence fell on the room, and he continued to look unwaveringly at Isabelle's pretty face.

Isabelle was a bundle of nerves as she felt her thoughts being read by Alexander. Her heart raced and just when she couldn't withstand the pressure any longer, he spoke, breaking the silence, "Or have you always wanted to be in my bed..."

Alexander stopped mid-sentence, unable to continue.

Isabelle trembled. Had he found out about her feelings?

Panic flashed across her eyes. Trying desperately to hide her feelings, she blurted out, "I want a role in 'To the end of time'!"

Isabelle may have spoken too fast, causing him to be lost in a trance. For a long while, he stood silent.

She felt as though her heart was about to leap out of her throat. Keeping her composure, she continued, "As you know, its been more than half a year since my debut but I haven't taken on any substantial roles. Since you hold so much authority in this industry, just a word would definitely secure me a role."

She froze briefly. Slowly, she continued, "Yesterday night was my payment."

Registering her words, Alexander's pupils shrunk sharply. The next moment, he burst into laughter, a short laugh no more than two counts, before the smile disappeared. He glared sharply at her, and with a cruel tone soaked in frost said, "So you wanna play with me? Alright, I'll make sure to keep you company!"

~*~

Play till your death... Isabelle's long lashes trembled slightly as her face paled. She remained glued to the wall until a thundering door slam resounded. Only then did she swallow the saliva that had formed behind her tightly clasped lips. Exhausted, she collapsed to the ground, tears clouding her vision.

Why would she climb into his bed just to act in 'To the End of Time' ?

She just wanted to use it as an excuse to conceal her real feelings.

Feelings only kept to herself. Her love for him.

She loved him. She was secretly in love with him for the past thirteen years, never daring or allowing herself to let him know. 

She thought that if she just concealed her feelings, everything would turn out alright. But never would she have known that one night, slightly intoxicated, she would expose her deepest secret. She had clearly overestimated her own abilities.

Even though she had infuriated him by climbing into his bed, she still received a phone call from 'To the End of Time' crew three days later, informing her to go for an audition.

It wasn't made known to her whether the audition was the director's decision or an order from Alexander.

Her screen time for the drama was neither too little nor too much. It wasn't a major role but it wasn't a filler either. But it was definitely a thousand times better than her previous role.

Since the role was obtained through undignified means, the audition was just a formality. Directly after it, she signed the contract.

Three days later, she officially joined the crew, just a day after Alex had flown off to Rome to film a new movie. 

After a wild night together, the married couple of two months had gone separate ways.