XXII | Don't Talk Nonsense

"Alexander, you're here. "

Alexander nodded, expressionless, and he pulled out the seat in front of them.

This morning, when he woke up and saw a text from Sophia, he had wanted to ignore it.

But by the time he came out of the shower, there were a few more messages, all from her as well.

[Aren't you in the same drama as Izzy? I'm meeting her for lunch, you want to come along?]

Alexander stared at the message, hesitating for a bit before replying, [Time?]

Sophia instantly answered, [11.30am, the restaurant next to the city center.]

After Alexander was seated, Sophia signaled to the waiter. He brought her the menu which she personally passed over to Alexander.

"Alex, you can order."

From the moment Alexander entered the private room, he never once glanced at Sophia. When she had passed him the menu, he looked towards the menu, took a glimpse at Isabelle who was seated beside her sister.

Isabelle was holding onto an antiseptic towel, staring at the table, seemingly lost in thought.

Alexander frowned before saying, "I can eat anything, you should decide."

Sophia didn't act coy. She opened the menu and placed it between herself and Isabelle. In a sweet tone, she said, "Izzy, let's order."

From the moment Isabelle saw Alexander, her mind had become blank. Her sister's voice now jolted her out of her daze. Looking towards her, she made a questioning murmur, "uh?"

"Stop dreaming!" Sophia teased before pointing at the menu. "Order anything you want, today Best Screen Actor Smith is treating!"

Alexander was treating Sophia?

Isabelle lifted her eyes slightly, sneaking a glimpse at Alexander, who sat directly in front of her, before hurriedly lowering her eyes. She clenched her fists, her heart in a mess. Randomly, she ordered two dishes.

Sophia didn't force her to order more, instead, she took the menu and ordered several of the signature dishes. Lastly, she ordered three cups of freshly squeezed orange juice.

No more than ten minutes later, the dishes were almost fully served. Sophia lifted her chopsticks, taking a bite. Seeing that Isabelle had not started, she placed a piece of chicken into her bowl. "The chicken served are all from the farm here. It's organic and delicious."

Isabelle forced a smile and lifted her chopsticks to start eating.

If it was only Isabelle and Alexander, the meal would've been dead quiet, but with Sophia's constant chattering, there was not a moment of silence.

Isabelle sat in the corner silently, not making a sound. She didn't have much appetite and ate slowly.

Alexander sat on the chair in a relaxed posture. He didn't say much, just occasionally acknowledging Sophia's words with an "uhm" sound. Every time he replied or would lift his head to take more food, his eyes would casually sweep past Isabelle.

Sophia had a great dinner. When she put down her chopsticks after her meal, she let out a sigh. "The food here is great." As she said that, she turned to look at Isabelle, who had already put her chopsticks down. "Izzy, what's wrong? You alright?"

Isabelle lightly nodded.

Sophia looked over at Alexander. Her eyes smiled when she said, "Alexander was the one who told me about this restaurant."