Scene 3 - Orange Alert

Deep, deep within the compound, or somewhere in the village, the men powerfully continue to hold their ruthlessly tight grip on Number 6 - heading directly to the CENTRE. The walls are just dull and lifeless, no special decoration or anything - apart from that dull and lifeless wall. The corridor stretches far down. The colour scheme for the floor is still as boring as the wall, with the exception of the occasional step unmarked. The two men with Number 6 arrive through the corridors - the Prisoner beginning to decrease his effort of resistance at this point - now that it seems almost inevitable for his ultimate demise.

Number 6:

Alright, alright. I'll tell you everything you want to know.

Number 101:

You will extract the information from the CENTRE.

Number 6:

No. I'm willing to tell you the information now.

Number 102:

To us?

Number 6:

Yes.

Both men stop by directly next to the upcoming step, more like a curb. Releasing Number 6 from their deathly grip, they stand by it and Number 6 shakes himself down as he begins to talk.

Number 101:

Alright then, tell us your information.

Number 6:

Well I think that it would all be much easier for us all if we just sat down and I told you everything, with you, me and Number 2.

Number 102:

Very sensible Number 6. It will save you a lot of unnecessary pain.

Number 6's head ponders over to behind the butch men.

Number 6:

Oh, well as a matter of fact there he is over there.

Both men turn to face.

Number 102:

Where?

Suddenly, with enough force The Prisoner quickly pushes the first man, knocking him into the second man like dominos. The second man uncontrollably trips over the second step and lands, splatting his face onto the rock-hard floor and moaning in agony. Number 6 dashes out to make his escape. The first man gets up without fuss, before helping his friend - with a now bruised face.

Number 101:

Stop him! Get up, quick!

By now, Number 6 is already halfway to the exit. The men begin their tight pursuit. In the main control room, Number 2 has finally just finished his call to someone else of higher authority.

Number 2:

Yes, sir. Absolutely clear... Very well then, goodbye sir.

He places down the radio communicator. A second later, Number 6 bursts through accelerating across from one side of the room to the other.

NUMBER 6!

Once The Prisoner has almost reached the other exit that he first entered, the other two men, one limping, charge out in pursuit.

Stop you two!

Number 102:

But sir, he's escaping.

Number 2:

Let him go, he can't escape from us.

Both men, then approach Number 2. Number 6 just escaped the clutches of Number 2 - for now. He just left the white door, now he scans the area of the Village - now he makes only for one place, somewhere far, somewhere much further than before. Therefore, he just runs. Just running, running and running. He runs across such beautiful monuments and other such antique buildings of the village as we run along with him looking up from a corner to his masculine, fearless face and the rest of his torso. He had no idea where he was going - yet. Back in control, Number 101 and 102 stands tall and quiet and face Number 2, standing next to his desk with the radio communicator.

Number 2:

Numbers 101 and 102, how could you be so foolish and let him escape?

Number 101:

He tricked us, sir. He pushed me into Number 102.

Number 102:

Number 6 said that he would tell us all information and that you were behind us. Then we were pushed and fell back and hurt my leg.

Number 2:

I want no more infantile excuses about failure. But how could you be tricked by such a simple plan?

Number 101:

We're very sorry sir. It won't happen again.

Number 102:

So, what are your further instructions?

Number 2:

Well, I have just been on the call to your master. I have told him that everything is going accordingly well, and we will. We will force him to give himself up. You will let me plan this - you will join the rest of the Village and act along with them.

Number 101:

So sir, how will you catch him.

Number 2 remains silent.

Number 2:

Fireworks. We shall launch... fireworks.

The siren begins to sound. Number 2 holds the radio device in his hand once again, announcing to the Village.

Orange Alert! Orange Alert! Orange Alert!

The sound echoes across the entirety of the Village, emanating everywhere, including the furthest reaches there - including the beach. Number 6 has charged down towards there, where the ocean tide sways nearby him, reaching for him as he narrowly misses the swerving waves. Taking refuge nearby in a small cavern where some caves lie, he is out of sight from the rest of the village, apart from the sea and the open sky lying above it. Catching his breath, The Prisoner quietly begins to think over the situation to himself now he is alone and safe once again.

Number 6:

Ok. They will be onto me. They will either track me down and take me captive, or they will somehow persuade me to come and reveal my identity. Would there be a way to try and find the CENTRE myself? Getting through the Village unseen is like trying to steal the Crown Jewels. If I stay put, they are sure to find me. I need to make a move.

The voice of Number 2 mysteriously calls through a radio.

Number 2:

Quite right Number 6, make your move and join us.

He then scans the wall of the cave, surprised.

Number 6:

Where are you?

Number 2:

That would be telling.

Number 6 spots a radio communicator picture, with the fat beardy face of Number 2 located directly above his head. He still laughs. PUNCH! The screen shatters from the violently aggressive punch of Number 6. Yet, Number 2 still laughs - with the shattered screen.

Give in Number 6, just give in!

Number 6:

Then just eat me alive why don't you!

Number 2:

Or would you rather you let everyone else die in the Village?

Number 6:

You still need them alive as well as me!

Number 2:

Or do we - Number 6. Prepare for the fireworks.

He continues to boom a mad hysterical laugh - laughing as the fireworks begin.