Scene 12 - Is your heart pounding?

The Prisoner is in dominant pursuit. It was as though the new Number 2 was hoping for this. We have now suddenly changed far from the busy, urban streets of Central London, now in some rural, desolate area with no other cars and only the open track to endlessly race down, alongside a cliff and some windy road. Number 2 however had total control. She announced to him with some microphone, heard loud and clear by a now desperate Number 6. He hadn't escaped. Just when he thought he finally had. That will be for a later time, or was it?

Number 2:

Remember me darling?

She smiles, with a sense of evil in her eyes. And anger in Number 6's.

I'm going to do you the honour – of letting you die superbly.

Somehow, she makes the world spin around and around for Number 6, in a loop again and again and again. Number 6 struggles to keep control of the car. Just about managing to keep hold of the vehicle so it doesn't' burst out and crash to his death.

But not yet, darling.

The girl vanishes in her car. This is left to go careering past a barn and throw itself off the cliff and crash into the powerful waves, sinking and drowning. The laughing still continues, inside the barn. The Prisoner realizes that she may have been in there. Pulling up and parking nearby, before diving out. Cautiously approaching the empty barn, he remains on guard. Kicking the wooden door open, he hides behind it. Dozens of bullets bang and bang and bang! Shooting directly towards the door. The firing stops. It was now a matter of survival for The Prisoner.

My name is death. Remember me?

Crawling around on the floor, he reaches out a machine gun. Standing up powerfully and firing bullets randomly in front of him. Ricocheting and powering! Beginning to advance with extreme awareness. He steps on a platform. He falls! He hangs off the gun, keeping him alive from a pit of snakes! They hiss and slither, with half a dozen of them in it!

Nice of you to drop by. But you'll soon get the point.

Number 6's legs dangle. He desperately tries to reach up. The snakes face upwards, hissing up at the Prisoner. Then, Number 6 is able to swing his arm out to grab onto the side, before throwing his arm onto the same side. Using all his strong effort, he desperately climbs up carefully and gently. Dragging his arms out, slipping his legs up and freeing himself out. Snatching his gun up and crawling extremely carefully on the floor, kicking open the next wooden door as the bullets of the machete boom out. Once it stops, Number 6 fires back.

Is your heart pounding? Your handshaking?

Now, the next room is empty, completely empty.

Come on in, Number 6. Come back to the Village and face me.

Number 6 kicks the next door open again. He has reached the end of the barn. There is now a cliffside with a speedboat attached to the side, sitting on the breezy waves on the water. The Prisoner fires aimlessly on the ground. BANG! Dirt and dust fly in the explosion with a set of bombs attached to the floor. Covering himself up from the dust, he realizes that the traps were directed for him to be blown up. Taking his chance, he charges over to the boat, sliding down the cliffside. Throwing the gun in the boat's seat next to the wheel, he unties the rope, jumping in and speeding off in the speedboat.

I would watch out if I were you, Number 6.

Number 6 stares powerfully forward into the distance, the power is in his eyes again. Something is coming. Rover bursts out of the water without warning! The organism roars again and bounces in the water, in pursuit fast of Number 6.

It's coming for you!

Number 6 picks up the gun, turning around and firing into the creature. Bursting like a balloon, it sinks back down into the depths of the sea – dead. The Prisoner resumes his mission. Bullets fire and burst, aiming for Number 6 and the boat, missing alongside the right side of the vehicle. Number 6 expertly spins the craft around, avoiding the powering bullets from his craft, as the bullets sink into the water. Steering around, he begins to head back around the perimeter of the island. Picking up the machine gun, he aims it somewhere upwards, firing at it. The assassin stands over the cliffside, hit by the incoming bullets making it slip. He then yells horribly as he falls to his death into the rubble and rocks – screaming his last.

The tables were turned. Number 6 was back in the Village. Hoping to arrange an appointment with the new Number 2, it was yet another game of ultimate survival...