Scene 9 - The Great Escape

Number 6 strains further and further and further. His brain is beginning to boil. The readings begin to go haywire. The spinner rapidly accelerates faster and faster and faster. The readings reach critical and dangerous. Red lights begin to flash. The power overload explodes into smoke.

Number 189:

Power at six percent. Something's gone wrong. What is it!?

Smoke begins pouring out of the systems.

Number 101:

Switch off the power then!

Number 189:

I CAN'T ITS GONE CRITICAL! Number 6 must still be conscious!

Number 6's eyes open. He rips off the electrodes, burning up and affecting his mind further. Number 189 face him, staring at him in disarray and anger. Whilst she desperately attempts to shut down the dangerously overloading machine, Number 6 stumbles his way out somewhere in the opposite direction. Confused, unstable, unsure, the sudden shock of the electrodes has damaged his brain. He can't seem to remember who he is. He approaches another sliding entrance, which with his state of mind assumes to enter, as the doors shut behind him. The others aren't bothered about him at this stage.

Number 102:

I'm getting out of here!

He makes his way out towards the way he first entered. The doors slide open to early. Rover got their first! Screaming and roaring, it blocks up the entire entrance. Number 102 is horrifically sucked into it alive, bouncing directly onto him. Number 101 quickly tries to make a break for it, before the sounds of the machine are as electrifying as the overpowering machine. Electricity bursts out of the machine – one bolt hits the Rover organism. This turns the orb into an electrifying bolt of energy – electrocuting Number 101 and reducing him to bones on the ground. Number 189 is all that is left for the creature – and the exploding machine. With an almighty gust of smoke and explosions, both Number 189, cornered into the machine, is succumbed along with Rover into the final, devastating explosion. They are all dead.

Number 6 is now in some sort of no-place. Anything and everything seems to be going on. It seems that ever since the showcase that Number 6's thoughts and ideas are being presented before him – burning up his mind. We hear Rover's roars, endless laughing, quotes "I am not a number", "Information", "Join us!", "You are Number 6!" "I'm going to escape and come back", "I've resigned", "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered", "I am a free man!". His eyes widen. The machine's shock has twisted his brain. Somehow, he breaks out of it. Falling helplessly as he feels like he is falling endlessly into a void.

He is finally lying on the floor. Confused at what on earth just occurred, he finds his car. - the Lotus 7. The one that is in the opening titles. The one that he went to hand his resignation in. The Prisoner dives in. The engine is turned on. The driving is commenced, bursting through the grill. He accelerates out. We are back at the opening titles. Number 6's car speeds down the deserted track-ready for action, adventure, and the unknown back in the real world. Number 6 had finally escaped.