Scene 10 - The new Number 2

Number 2 has failed. He is sat in his seat, miserably. The orange phone he miserably rises up to his ear in the eerie, empty room. He knows he is doomed, yet he faces the consequences bravely. First, he gulps.

Number 2:

Number 1 sir... It is Number 2. I have failed sir, in extracting the information from Number 6... I know. I know sir I promised. I swore it... You see, there was a problem... No sir, you did say no excuses... Very well sir, I will accept my failure.

The Butler enters once again, pushing in a new trolley of food towards the centre of the room. Number 2 then places the object down on the table. Bracing himself for the following, he takes a heavy deep breath in. The chair is suddenly lowered, deep down into nowhere. Seconds later, the chair is raised back up – with no Number 2. The Butler turns twenty degrees to his right, ringing a small bell. The floor once again opens, something else is coming up. It rises up – the new Number 2. He has been replaced for his failure to his master. A woman, blonde hair, high heels and very attractive, dressed all in white especially with her thin hat, is the new Number 2. The Butler is ready to begin work for his new master, or rather mistress. She raises her head up. Marching over to the chair in a catwalk, cosily adjusting herself in the new chair, crossing her legs. The Butler pushes the trolley with the food in dishes over to her. She lifts the grill up, revealing a deliciously cooked turkey.

The new Number 2:

Get out.

The Butler instantly obeys and departs.

Now then. For Number 6.