Scene 5 - Run Number 6, Run!

The control room waits. Number 2 knows that the Prisoner's capture is imminent. Through the doors leading deeper into the complex, a woman enters through. A tall, thin blonde woman with heals entering controllably with each foot behind the other, adjusting her white jacket, suggesting that she is obviously a scientist. Especially the fact she has a set of pens in her pocket and her notepad she holds in her right hand as she makes her way to Number 2.

Number 189:

Where is Number 6?

Number 2:

His capture is imminent.

The stubborn and bored face stares blankly deep into Number 2.

Number 189:

You let him escape?

Number 2:

We have. What do you want from me now?

Number 189:

Everything is ready to begin the experiment. I have been waiting there for some time now, what is taking you so long?

Number 2 leans forward.

Number 2:

You just remember your place, Number 189. You are only a scientist, for this very reason we need you. Without you, you would be dead along with Number 6.

Number 189:

I know Number 6 is no ordinary man. You will capture him. I will return to the laboratory and wait for Number 6's arrival. Be sure you don't fail either.

She swings herself back around and marches back out the door, leaving Number 2 frustrated. He calls out Numbers 101 and 102 as the massive screen before he is also being used as a radio link between him and the two men.

Number 2:

Numbers 101 and 102, proceed with the plan.

Number 101/102:

Very good sir.

The panic still rises and screams and rushes around from the likelihood of any other launchers bursting up and flying to destroy the Village. Number 101 and 102 charges up onto a platform and begin shouting and calling, screaming out in front of everyone. Meanwhile, Number 6 reaches the end of the rocks, climbing out when he hears such a booming gunshot when he freezes. He realizes that people were dying – and he wasn't going to let that happen. The Prisoner continues his charging. Leading back up to the road, he sees some big crowd up ahead, they were coming. He heard lines like "There he is" and "Get him". They charged directly towards him – a mob! Number 6 just ran. He ran so fast, running and running and running down the lane, swerving down the corners to try and avoid it – even though they were some distance away they still pursued him. The mob accelerate with fire torches, knives and stacks and whatever else they could quickly grab to get Number 6. Once half a dozen people have left one corner, Numbers 101 and 102 simply walk and stand as the crowded hunt. Number 6 does his absolute best, breathing heavily and sweating buckets, he attempts to make a loop back around to the other side of the Village. Number 6 was now being hunted – survival was key. When Numbers 101 and 102 return to the white entrance into Number 2's control room, they observe the faithful and quiet Number 67, a humble man. They question why he is dragging his bike along.

Number 101:

You there! Why are you not with the crowd?

Number 67:

Oh, I must apologize most profusely. I thought it would be quicker and easier to catch Number 6 with this bicycle. It would require less energy and contracting of the muscles.

Number 102:

You heard your instructions, why do you disobey?

Number 67:

Supposing if he returns back here?

Number 101:

Very well, stay here. And if he returns here...

Number 102:

You will apprehend him – alive. See you do not fail.

They both leave back into the entrance to report to Number 2. In the meantime, Number 67 attempts, yet fail, to make himself suitably comfortable on the bicycle – one that has a massive front wheel like in the Victorian era. This may be, in The Prisoner, to show the development of man. In the meantime, Number 6 dodges, weaves and glides around the corners to save himself. Running and running and running. Finally, he speeds around the corner, leading directly down to Number 67. Number 6 spots him and charges him. Number 67 turns to face whoever he thought he was, as the crowd begin to roar. PUNCH! Number 67 is punched down to the floor, hitting his head. Stealing his bike, he begins to ride it and takes off by speeding down the same lane as he decides to head back to the beach. The crowd simply ignore Number 67 because of their hunting target, but when reaching around the corner they are stunned and confused and cannot understand where The Prisoner has gone. They scatter. Numbers 101 and 102 march back out and ruthlessly grab Number 67 by his jumper, the man is left in confusion and fear from the bulky two.

Number 101:

What happened?

Number 67:

I... I don't...know.

Number 102:

The crowd has scattered.

Number 101:

Number 6 has obviously failed.

Number 102:

You have failed, Number 67!

Number 67:

No. No. He punched me and took my bike.

He is savagely thrown back down to the floor. Number 101 takes a microphone and announces to the Village.

Number 101:

Number 6 has escaped. Search and apprehend him! Bring the vans! Take him alive! Run Number 6, RUN!

Number 6 has reached the beach once again. The effort is much less for Number 6 now thanks to the bike; therefore he just cycles on and on and on. In an effort to hide. The Prisoner just cycles around the perimeter of the Village for ages. His plan was still in preparation. He notices something coming in the opposite direction – some van without any metal over the top. Two men are on the miniature car. One is the driver; the other Number 6 can make out holds a gun! He fires. BAM BAM BAM! Number 6 dives downwards and rolling over as the bike crashes and flops, avoiding the firing only just above Number 6's head. The Prisoner rises up, almost charging towards the oncoming vehicle. He dodges the object narrowly. As the car is left to drive off, Number 6 is able to catch up in time by sprinting like at a school race. Jumping on, he picks up the gunman aggressively – punching him ruthlessly out of the vehicle as he hits his head on the beach. Then, he is also able to pick up the driver and punch him out as well – as he too falls out. Number 6 speeds off with the car at fifty miles per hour, escaping for now.