Revelations

We exited the lift into a hallway. The polished glossy flooring shone like it was made of glass, there was warm golden lighting from the spotlights that were embedded into the white ceiling, a few wooden doors were spaced generously along the hall, each leading to different apartments. Sean made his way to the one at the furthest end from the lift, I followed after him, waiting as he unlocked the door and pushed it open. A soft light came from a few lamps that were placed around the room inside. Sean flicked a switch on the wall, as we took a few steps inside, and immediately the entire room was lit up, showing the immaculate interior of his home. The hard wood floors, grey carpet and modern yet tasteful furnishings. The large glass window caught my attention, overlooking the illuminated city from our great height. The sea of lights glowing like an entire galaxy, laying just a short distance below the blanket of silver stars in the inky blue sky.

"Take a seat, I'll be right back." Sean said with a small wave of his arm at the seating area before making his way in the opposite direction.

I did as he asked walking towards a soft and generously cushioned sofa, as I took a seat my gaze wandered around the room, taking in my surroundings. A few personal items were scattered around the room and a couple of framed photographs of Sean at different ages were situated on various sufaces. A tall mirror sat above a marble fire place and a small boquet of white roses stood in a vase on a glass table just to my side. I sighed slightly at the sight of them as they reminded me instantly of Mel. White roses had always been her favourite flowers. I wondered for a moment whether that's why they were here. Before I could shake the thought Sean had rejoined me, his footsteps echoing slightly on the hard floor before becoming quiet shuffles when he crossed on to the carpet.

"Not a fan of roses?" He asked curiously.

I looked up at him in time to see him place a small glass bowl, and a first aid kit on to the table and take a seat beside me.

"I like them, they're pretty, not my favourites though."

"Roses are most girl's favourites aren't they?"

As he asked, he opened the first aid kit, taking out a small bottle of antiseptic, some cotton balls and a bandage.

"Not mine." I shrugged.

He paused for a moment and fixed me with a thoughtful look before asking:

"What are your favourites?"

I gave a small laugh as he raised his eyebrow his expression becoming playful whilst a smirk played at the corners of his lips.

"If you must know, Freesias." I replied.

He nodded in response before reaching over and taking my injured hand in his own. The sudden contact caught me unaware, instantly causing a tingle to run through me.

"It's not bad thankfully, but it will probably hurt for a few days." His voice was soft and gentle whilst his fingers brushed over my bruised and scraped knuckles.

"It's not the first punch I've thrown, this is nothing."

He glanced up at me, I saw something dark flash through his warm eyes, turning them cold in a second. Before I could ask what was wrong he redirected his attention to his supplies, gathering what he needed. I watched him closely whilst he began to slowly and delicately dab some of the antiseptic liquid across my skin cleaning the small wound. The sting barely registered to me, my mind focusing on the feeling of his other hand wrapped around mine, keeping it still whilst he tended to me. Once cleaned he unwrapped a small piece of dressing and held it gently over my knuckles, lightly applying enough pressure to keep it in place, he took the bandage and began to wrap it around my hand, securing it in place.