Epilogue

One Year Later...

I walked into the kitchen, the smell of sausages and bacon having lured me from the comfort of my bed. I leant against the doorframe admiring the scene in front of me.

"Which are you admiring, me or the food?" Sean teased, turning the sausages in the pan.

I could hear the laughter in his voice, and my heart warmed. I stepped further into the kitchen, walking up behind him and wrapping my arms around his bare chest, pressing myself against him and kissing along his shoulder.

"Always you." I answered, smiling against his soft skin and inhaling the fresh scent of his shower gel.

"Good," He replied.

He took the pan off the heat, standing it to the side and capturing my hands with his own. He turned to face me, beaming down at me with the smile of a thousand suns. I went up on my tip toes, kissing him gently on the lips. He released my hands, and wrapped his arms around my hips, pulling me towards him and locking his hands behind my back, moaning softly against my lips.

I chuckled as he began to kiss me deeper, getting lost in the moment.

"The food will get cold." I laughed.

"I don't care."

I swatted him on the shoulder and pushed away. He let out a stubborn groan of disappointment, and kissed me on the top of the head as I plucked a piece of bacon from the frying pan and bit into it, moaning with delight at the deliciously crisp and salty flavour.

"If you keep doing that, there's no way that I will be able to control myself."

His words carried both promise and warning, it made my blood simmer and my heart leap. I wanted to give in, but right at that moment, my stomach rumbled loudly. Sean laughed as I bit my lip smirking at him, with a small shrug.

I watched as he plated up some of the food and set it on the table, wondering if today was the day to tell him. I didn't have the chance to contemplate any further as the front door opened and Evan's voice rang out in the hall.

"It's official, Christmas is a time for freaks!"

Sean and I exchanged looks, and shook our heads with amusement, just as Evan appeared in the doorway.

"What happened this time?" I asked.

Sean grabbed another plate and began to add food for Evan too. He and Evan had become pretty good friends since we got together. I admired Sean for his acceptance of him to this extent, he even gave Evan his own key to our new place after we moved in a couple of months ago.

"An Elf."

"I'm sorry?" I asked, completely confused by the random statement.

"She believed she was an Elf. A fucking Elf! I mean, I wondered what was with all the green and the stripes, but it's Christmas, I figured she was just embracing the theme. Not thinking she was part of it."

Sean's laugh echoed around the room and I couldn't help but join in.

"Where do you find these women?"

We all took our seats at the table, and Evan slumped, spiking a sausage on his fork and cutting the end.

"Around, although I have no idea how most of them even manage to be in normal society."

I patted him affectionately on the arm.

"Well, let's be grateful that they do, you get laid and we get never ending entertainment."