Bonus Chapter: Sean's P.O.V : Part 1

I just had to escape, I was already wondering what on earth made me agree to this stupid arrangement. Ever since the moment that I agreed, Mel had been badgering me about planning and details and meeting the family. I sighed, lifting my glass and draining its contents in one. I found this place on my way back from work, I knew that Mel would never track me down to a place like this. She always said the music was too loud and they were filled with people like her sister. I didn't understand what she meant, but the repulsed look on her face was enough to tell me that it wasn't a pleasant meaning.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't even register that someone was approaching, not until she pushed a glass toward me, and sat in the chair opposite. I prepared myself to send her away, just as I had with the other four women who'd tried to engage with me this evening, but the moment that I looked up, that idea vanished. The woman in front of me was beautiful. There was no other word for it. Her long dark hair flowed over her shoulders, and her brown eyes sparkled with joy and energy. Unlike all the other women here, she wasn't dressed in strappy clothing with her cleavage on display and a skirt that could pass for a bra. She was casually dressed in skinny jeans, a purple top and leather jacket. The simplicity of the outfit allowed her elegance and beauty to shine. Confidence radiated off of her in waves, as she sipped from her own glass, but I could detect something else the closer that I looked. She was nervous under that bold attitude. She released her grip on her glass, leaving it to stand just in front of her. I was surprised and intrigued by the fact that she hadn't spoken yet. I tilted my head slightly, trying to interpret her intentions, and get a read on her. I was used to being able to read people, but I couldn't figure her out. I released my empty glass, and picked up the new one, lifting it to my lips, whilst my gaze remained fixed on hers. She watched me drink, and yet still, she remained silent. I chuckled slightly, placing the glass down, smiling at the whole unusual exchange.

"Okay, so you buy me a drink, yet you don't tell me your name , interesting approach."

There was a smirk as she replied:

"I'll let you in on a secret, I didn't buy the drink."

I found her confession slightly amusing, and the longer she was here, the more intrigued I was by her.

"No? So who do I have to thank for this then, some random guy?"

"In a manner of speaking,"

I leant back in my chair, interested to see where she was headed with this line.

"The barman is buying my drinks tonight." She finished cheerfully.

"Wow, how did you manage to swing that one?"

"I have skills , and I like to win."

I was impressed by her unusual charm and character, she was refreshing and I couldn't deny the pull I felt towards her. She was everything that the women in my life weren't. What Mel wasn't. The more she spoke, the more her confidence seemed to take over. Her nervousness had ebbed, and I got to see the person under the surface.

"I don't doubt it. So why did you decide to come over here, and neglect to introduce yourself this evening?" I smirked.

"You gotta let that go dude." She shrugged with a bold grin. "But hey, what can I say, I found your whole "leave me alone" vibe so inviting. "

I laughed at her bold sarcasm. Her honesty was a welcome change from the usual mindless flirting that was often the approach these days. This woman was definitely not a carbon copy, she was sparky and alluring.

"I'm glad you thought so," I replied, shaking my head slightly and smiling to myself, looking back at her, "So, do I get to know your name yet?"

"What ever happened to mystery?"