Chapter 2

Mal POV

I woke up to the birds chirping and smelled shampoo. I opened my eyes to Ben's beautiful smile. He warms my heart in the best way every morning, but this morning was different, this time he was with me, in the same bed, in the same room. This was better. I smile and say" It feels good to be here, with you." He grins" That is exactly how I feel. " He takes a big look at me and he chuckles" still have my underwear and hoodie, huh?" I shove a pillow at him and giggle," I'm thinking it could be my new wardrobe." "Well, I'm happy to give you as many pieces as needed if you stay here."Hearing the words made me stop in my tracks. Stay. I can't stay, I have to leave. I only have 20 more days with Ben, and it's like a ticking time bomb in my head where when I leave, I'll blow up in a ball of misery. It'll be like a piece of me is gone. "Hey Mal, I know that look. You can't just jump to the negatives after a great sleep. Anyways, breakfast?" His hungry stomach growls, taking my mind off of the problem for a little. I start to get up as he grabs my hand. His face right in front of mine."I never got my good morning kiss" He smiles and plants a kiss on my lips, I smile through it, I've never felt so happy. Having a boyfriend, being able to spend time with him all the time. It feels like the 20 days aren't even happening and I'll never wake up from this dream.

Through all of the bad times Ben was there. When I went to the isle because I was insecure. When I needed to get away from my mother, he was there. When I was trying to be good, he was always there, supporting me, even when I put a love spell on him. It makes me feel like I don't deserve him.

"Ben?" I ask. "Yeah Mal." Ben says while throwing flour with a bunch of other ingredients to make pancakes. With chocolate chips! " What is you find another girl when I'm gone? What if you just don't like me anymore when I come back?" Ben stops cooking to grab both of hands and pulls me into an embrace. "I am so lucky to have you," he breathes," I just hope you always love me." I smile when a warmth swells inside of me. Ben was always there.

"Ben, you mean the world to me, which is why I will never leave you." I  said. Ben's smile turned to a frown. " Mal, that's the thing, you have." His words left me shocked but not surprised, I new we were going to have to address this issue soon. " Mal, I was heartbroken, I feel like I can't trust you anymore," Ben admitted. "Ben, I messed up, and I understand why you don't trust me, but the fact that you still love me means the world to me, and that's why I won't leave you, because I have it so good right now." I light up, the words are true, as is the grin that pokes his face when I finish talking. " Ben, my point is, I'm gonna fight, just like you did for me when I went off to the isle in search of myself. When you showed me that you like me for me, well, I like you for you. I love you." Ben smiled, happy with my speech and dropped the topic. With a quick kiss, we finished making pancakes and I got extra  chocolate chips. 

After breakfast, we run down the main hall of his castle to find Belle and the Beast kissing, I was so surprised I ran into them, while kissing! Omg how am I going to get myself out of this one? Belle seemed alarmed but the Beast seemed amused. "Mal honey, what are you doing here?" Belle said irritably.  "Umm, well, Ben invited me over, so I spent the night," I said, careful to make eye contact. She smiled and looked at Ben with a WE NEED TO TALK face on. I glanced at Beast when we had the exact same thought. "How about I take Mal home to bring some clothes here? It seems fitting assuming she'll be staying here often." The Beast nodded at me. Ben looked up at his dad with pride in his eyes, " That sounds great, I'll be here!" Ben adds a little to eagerly, while his mom shoos me and Beast out of the castle.