Finale

Ben's POV

A knock on my door startled me and my mom from what we were working on. While she went to get the door, I continued writing the welcome letter to the new VK's.  My mom opened the door and chatted with the person for a second. I was intrigued, but I continued with my work. Until I saw that purple hair.

My fingers stopped typing and I turned my chair completely around. She was right there. And for some reason. It all just made sense now. 

"Mal I-"

"Wait. Wait, Ben I came here to sort this out and I need you to hear this first."

I nodded, not sure where this was going. But I took a deep breath in as she continued. 

"Look Ben I know things haven't been the same since the Isle. Since Uma. And I know that I can't just make up for it with being nice or loving you. I messed up, Ben. Heck I really really messed up. The entire time I was with you at cotillion I was just wondering if I would ever truly forgive myself. Because Ben-" She choked up, tears welling in her eyes. 

"Ben I forgave myself but I never asked once if you would forgive me. I never thought about how much it meant to have someone you loved leave you like that. I never asked you about what you felt when I put that ring back into your hand at the hideout. I never asked how it felt to have Uma almost feed you to the sharks. Because of ME." She looks down, hiding her tears. Her hand wipes down the side of her cheek, desperate to get the water away. 

"Ben I'm so sorry about how I acted. I was stupid and immature and I took everything we had for granted. But, I realized one thing from all of this. That all I could ever ask for, is you." She looked up at me with a small smile. 

I gave her a smile back and hugged her. Her sob finally giving way as I held her in my arms. I gently held the back of her neck as she started to stop crying. I knew the feeling of loosing someone I loved, she was right. But that feeling only made me stronger. 

"Mal, look at me" I said as I lifted her off me. 

She looked into my eyes, her's still glistening. 

"I love you Mal. Even after everything you've done, there's nothing that will ever change that. That's the reason I was so ready to move in with you. Because I just know, Mal. You're the one, and I'm always here for you."

"I love you too, Ben."

As we hugged each other once again. I saw a glimpse of our future together, standing side by side, as King and Queen. 

________________________________________________________________________________

MAL'S POV

Me and Ben had made up! I was so excited leaving his castle that I almost didn't see Beast walking by the castle gardens. 

"Hello" I said, trying not to let my smile show to wide.

"I take it the chat went well?" He asked, a grin already sparking on his face.

I blushed and ran over to him, hugging him tightly. 

"Thank you so much, for everything." I felt him hold me tightly and then let go. 

"Anytime, Mal."

And with that, I called Evie to pick me up, spilling all the juicy details on the way home. 

Once home, we realized that we were leaving for the Isle in few days, and I was finally ready to go. 

________________________________________________________________________________

THE DAY THEY LEAVE FOR THE ISLE

MAL'S POV

I looked at the glimmering limo as it pulled up to Ben's castle. Ben and I were now living together fully, but I had to leave to the Isle today. It was a hard goodbye, but I was excited. Evie, Jay, and Carlos had all said their goodbyes. All that was left was Ben, standing next to the front door, with a giant smile on his face. He was really proud of me, and it meant the world to me. 

"Goodbye Mal, I love you always" Ben grinned and pulled me in for a hug. 

"Love you Ben, see you in a few weeks" I said, giggling. This wasn't goodbye forever, just goodbye for now. 

The hug lasted a little longer than usual, but we both knew why, and we didn't pull away for a while. It wasn't until Evie cleared her throat that I let go of him. Evie and I joined Jay and Carlos in the limo. The familiar smell of candy wafted into my nose and  I smiled. It wasn't too long ago that we were in this limo for the first time. 

I was going back to the Isle, to finally do some good. 

________________________________________________________________________________

BEN'S POV (One day till Mal comes back)

After waving Mal off to the Isle, the castle was even more busy. But since she was coming back tomorrow, I had a few things to take care of. 

I met my father at the front of the shop, trying to avert attention away from me being King. We walked in, and the employee smiled at us and went to get what I needed. When he came out, I asked to see the finished product. 

Sure, I had seen sketches of the ring that Evie had shown me, but I needed to see it myself. When he opened the ring box, a gorgeous ring stared back at me. It had a gold base, with leafy detailing and flowers decorating the top with a purple jewel in the center. 

My eyes watered at I stared, and my father put his hand on my shoulder. 

"I'm proud of you son, for everything you've done to lead up to this. I'm so very proud."

I collapsed into him with a few tears being shed from both of us. The ring was perfect, it was exactly Mal. She was going to love it. 

The song came after that, talking on the phone with Doug to get him to play guitar, and he was stoked to be doing it. Everything was falling into place. And I knew I had to get on the phone with one last person.

"Evie?" 

"Yeah Ben, what's up?"

"I just wanted to thank you. You are the reason this proposal is so amazing, and if it weren't for you I never would have gotten this ring" I said, smiling.

"Ben, of course. You know Mal is my best friend, and that means that doing what makes her happy. And Ben, you make her really happy."I could hear her voice crack through the phone. 

"Alright, I don't want to keep you any longer, bye Evie"

"Bye Ben"

Tomorrow was going to be the best day of my life. 

The End 

AUTHORS NOTE:

Thank you guys so much for bearing with me for almost TWO YEARS. This was such an incredible journey to have been on, and the readers just make it better. I feel like this finale really sells the entire story and if you made it here, congrats! Again thank you so much for reading and voting. This has been an amazing experience and I won't stop writing anytime soon! 

Love,

S