Chapter 3

The awkward silence that would usually come between me and Beast is filled with his excited chatter. "Mal, I think it's safe to say that Ben's mother and I were surprised when you came down the stairs this morning," He chuckled. "Trust me, I was a little surprised to see you there too. I thought you guys would be on a date or taking care of official business." I said with a forced smile. "Mal, don't be shy around me with small talk, how was your night?" I freeze in place with this statement, what exactly is he asking? But I know exactly what to say because it's Ben, and I'm only sure about Ben. " It was great, we slid down the hallways, and he made me breakfast. It was like one of those dream days." I said with a real smile this time. He looked at me with pride in his eyes, for me or Ben I wasn't sure, but I really liked that look on him. He reminded me that even though I have no biological family left, I still have him." Mal, I want you to know you can always talk to me, even if it seems embarrassing, it's at to have someone to talk to who is more of an adult in your life, a father figure even." He added the last part with a slight blush on his cheeks and a jolly smile on his face. " Beast, I  will always think of you as someone to look up to, and ever since I moved here, you are not just a father figure, you are just like a father." I felt my voice crack with the last word, realizing how true the statement must have been. I was never one for sappiness, but let's just say that this three week countdown thing was really messing with my head. 

When we finally got to my dorm, I thanks Beast again. " Do you need a ride back?" He asked, but I shook my head when I realized that Ben wouldn't be done with the conversation with his mom for a while. So I checked my phone for the first time since yesterday,seeing it blowing up with texts from Evie.

"Where are you?"

"OMG, Mal are you still with Ben?"

"SPILL"

I rolled my eyes and laughed, this was exactly what Evie would do. Quickly checking if the light in our dorm was on, I ran upstairs. She was exactly where I thought she would be, sewing at her desk.

The second I walked in she bolted over to me with loads of questions. "What happened last night?"

"Is Ben going to ask you to move in?"

"Are you going to stay over tonight?"

"Was Belle and Beast cool about this?"

"Alright, alright, slow down Evie", I smiled," I'll answer everything, but I need a second, I had a pretty heavy conversation with Beast in the car"
"Omg, Beast drove you back!!!??"

"Yeah, and we talked about how he's already a father figure to me and how I'll always talk to him"

"Omg I love him"Evie said as she grinned.

Afterward I told Evie of Ben and I's magical night and morning, along with Belle giving me a smile as I left and her chat with Ben. 

"OMG I bet Belle is talking to ben about you moving in!" Evie squealed.

My thoughts raced, what if he was? There was so much we haven't discussed, where I would sleep, where I would put my clothes, how I would go to school, what happened if we got into a fight? Gosh  I am not ready for this. We aren't ready for this. 

"Evie, we aren't ready, nothing has been discussed." I added when she looked at me with pride.

"Mal, don't you get it? When you found your person, nothing else matters. It's just him and you, just the two of you. It doesnt matter about anything else, it only matters how you feel. " Spoke Evie, with wisdom.  She was right, I loved him, he loved me. It only made sense that we would move in together. 

"You know what Evie, I feel love. And I've never felt anything like this , so I'm just going to enjoy it." I spoke without realizing that the two week limit was looming over us.

So I ran over to the castle. His guards knew me and let me right in. Beast greeted me at the door and I smiled up to him, my sights were set on Ben's room though. I ran up three flights of stairs to arrive at Ben's door. Instead of knocking, I barge into his room, ready to tell him how much he means to me.