Chapter 8: Northern Water Tribe

My powers should not be fueled by rage, but more of an inner peace.

Tasha's POV

Over the past week, I've been training my fire bending skills. Sure, the art of fire bending seemed to be very different from water bending, but it was easily picked up. It involved more forceful fist punches and grounding of my body and feet on the ground, compared to water bending. Zuko was actually a great trainer, despite his short temper.

The ship - may not have the best environment to train in, but at least I was fit for battle.

I was at the open deck, staring at the vast scenery of the baby blue ocean lighting up under the sun baked skies. The breeze blew my fringe back, and I took in a deep breath.

"Good job, Tasha." Zuko came beside me, looking out to the ocean. "You've been learning well in your fire bending skills."

"I deserve more than just 'good job'." I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you think I'm special because I can bend two elements?" I joked sarcastically and placed a hand on my hips.

Zuko did not move or show any reaction.

"I don't really care as long as you're loyal to me." He finally said without any emotion.

I faked a laugh and rolled my eyes in response. "So, what's up?"

"We have located the Avatar and we are going to attack a tribe." He narrowed his eyes. "And you're going to fight beside me."

I widened my eyes.

"You can't!" I shouted without realisation.

"It's my duty to capture the Avatar. You do know I have to do this." He said in a harsh whisper.

"But people are going to get hurt, Prince Zuko!" I shouted, clenching my fists in frustration.

"I have to capture the Avatar and restore my honor." Zuko looked away, and repeated himself as if that wasn't the first time he said it.

You and your honor-

"2 hours. I'll see you back here. We are going to attack the tribe then." Zuko turned his back and walked off, leaving me seething with anger.

Zuko's POV

This time, the Avatar will be mine. With Tasha's strength and power combined with my army of soldiers, we will capture the Avatar for sure.

I will finally regain back my honor... and my father's acceptance.

Tasha's POV

I kicked the piles of metal crates lying in front of me in anger. Why can't I do something about this?! Zuko was about to invade a tribe and I have to fight with him, just like his puppet!

Sometimes, I muttered. I can be so stupid and worthless! Zuko was just using me to get what he wants. He'll probably have nothing to do with me after capturing the Avatar.

I threw a fist of fire up in the air in anger.

"Argh!" I screamed in frustration.

Zuko is a horrible person, I growled. To think I helped him so much before. I healed him when he got hurt, and even subdued his anger. Just what does he want from me?

I hissed curses through my teeth in seething anger. I breathed deep, in and out, to calm myself down.

It's not like I can change that jerk's mindset anyway.

I kicked a huge metal crate off the ship, ending my rage of fury. I frowned in deep frustration. Nothing seemed to be going right for me right now.

I walked back to my room, where I tried to rest as I waited for the invasion of the tribe. No matter what, I couldn't set my mind on killing innocent people with my powers. They were all so carefree, so happy. But yet, they have their lives destroyed by the damned fire nation, just like how I was tortured emotionally and mentally when they took away my father.

2 hours passed and my mind was still full of these needless thoughts that were troubling me, again and again.

"It's time." A hasty voice said from the door.

Zuko, I muttered in anger.

I walked to grab my daggers and brushed past him with brutal hostility.

I made my way out of the ship and on to the deck. As I reached the deck, my jaw dropped in deep shock.

It wasn't the scenery that shocked me to the point I lay frozen, stuck to the ground.

It was... the Northern water tribe, burning up in flames. The fire nation has attacked and was about to invade the northern water tribe!

No way... It can't be! I have to fight my people?!

I balled up my fists in anger. They were my own people, my very own water tribe counterparts from the north!

How could I ever bring myself to fight against them?! I'll never forgive myself!

"The other ships has destroyed the exterior. It's our turn to enter and do what we must do. Find the Avatar." Zuko said harshly in a seemingly loud whisper.

I looked down in shock and anger. No... I can't do this, I CANT!

"I can't!" I shouted, fists burning up with fire. "They're my own people!"

"I rather you kill me, and do it yourself!" I hissed, teeth clenched.

Zuko ignored me and started moving forward. He was about to attack.

I ran after him as fast as I could. He was so fast, I was almost close to fainting when he had stopped in the tribe's center square.

I strayed a few metres behind Zuko, watching a scene unravel before me.

Zuko had stopped because he saw the Avatar, a bald air bender with blue arrow like tattoos lining his arms, legs and forehead.

Zuko wasted no time in pursuing a fight with the Avatar. He was so desperate in regaining his honor ... that he was so ruthless in everything he did.

I watched wide eyed at the battle that was unfolding before my eyes. As I saw Zuko bring down the Avatar, a girl showed up and fought by the Avatar to bring Zuko down.

This water tribe girl.

She seemed so eerily familiar; it's like I've seen her somewhere before.

Who... is she?