Chapter 12: Running Away

Giving up, or letting go?

Tasha's POV

Using all of my strength, I bit my attacker's hand causing him to let go of me.

"Get away from me!" I pushed him to the side roughly, but he still didn't let go of my waist.

"Ow!" The attacker exclaimed. "Tasha, it's me!"

"Prince Zuko?" I froze in position, aware of what I just did to him. "I'm Sor-"

"Quiet!" He hushed me.

"My sister is here," Zuko whispered into my ear, bringing his finger to my lips.

Looking up, I saw a girl that looked slightly like Zuko at the coast. It was strange how similar she reminded me of Zuko for a moment, but I changed my mind after awhile. So that's Princess Azula, I thought.

She's gorgeous - with her jet black hair that seemed to be dancing in the wind, the contours of her perfectly toned body enclosed in the traditional royal fire nation armor... her exterior was breathtaking, she literally swept me off my feet.

"Rest in peace, my dear brother!" Azula laughed sadistically, her two palms lighting up with a strange, blue fire. My eyes widened in surprise, for I have not seen such fire in my life. Maybe it was because all my life I was living in the tribe, and I hadn't seen much of the outside world yet.

I suppose more fire benders out there have this special, blue fire.

"What the-" Zuko almost lunged forward in anger, but I grabbed his arm instinctively, not allowing him to act rashly.

"She thinks we're dead, Prince Zuko." I placed a hand on his shoulder gently, looking at him directly in the eyes. "It's best if we stay low."

Zuko stared at me blankly.

I struggled a little, because Zuko was still holding on tight to my waist. "You can get off me now."

Zuko immediately let go of me forcefully, pushing me forward roughly.

"Ow. You didn't have to do that." I muttered, sitting up.

"Hmph," Zuko grunted and folded his arms, looking into the distance.

"I saved you, don't forget that." I reminded him, folding my arms.

"Whatever," He scoffed, looking away.

We sat there for a couple of moments, observing Azula and her weird antics. She looks really adorable on the outside - just like the girl version of Zuko - but she is a little more angsty and acts more like a crazy maniac compared to Zuko. Though beautiful on the outside, she has a cold and evil interior.

After sitting in the bushes for what seemed like eternity watching Azula, it finally ended when she walked off from the scene smugly.

"What are we gonna do now? No ship, no soldiers. And you have a bounty over your head." I stood up, brushing off the twigs and leaf stuck to my robes.

"Come with me," Zuko grabbed my hand forcefully, bringing me further into the woods.

Zuko led me to a stream, that was flowing ever so peacefully. Upon reaching the side of it, he let go of my hand and sat down beside the stream. He was staring at his own reflection without a word said.

I sat beside him silently, expressing a questioning silence.

Zuko took out a sharp knife from inside his uniform.

'Never give up without a fight.' Was engraved on one side of the knife in traditional Chinese characters.

"That's a nice looking knife," I commented, looking at Zuko.