Chapter 20: An Unexpected Reunion

Going back to where we left off

Tasha's POV

Stomping out of the shop in a hasty manner, I walked down the streets of Ba Sing Se, infuriated with everything. 

I was just, so angry; angry with myself, Zuko, and my life. I needed someone to be there for me. But that someone, isn't.

I stopped to catch my breath. As I stopped walking, I heard the sounds of water being flung around. I glanced around almost immediately, as I could tell what the source of the sound was: it was water-bending. 

There was a water bender down here.

I approached the source of the sound, but stopped in my tracks almost immediately when I heard the shouts coming from the far end of an alley.

"Believe me, Katara, I've changed!"

I froze. Katara was here too, in Ba Sing Se.

"Don't make me kill you, Jet!" Katara's voice was unmistakably furious. 

Wait- Wait a second.

Jet.

Why does that name sound so familiar?

As I was hiding behind the side of the wall, I was suddenly pushed forward by a massive group of people that was leaving a shop. I slipped, and clumsily fell flat on my face.

I scrambled to stand up and escape, but Katara had already caught me in my tracks.

"Tasha?" She exclaimed, her voice filled with surprise. I rubbed my forehead painfully and gave a sheepish smile.

"Hey." I greeted her.

She looked back devilishly at the guy she had pinned to the wall with her water bending.

I stood frozen as our eyes met.

Jet. he was the one that I met at that filthy ship - that freedom fighter, who keeps smirking and attempted to get closer to me.

"Kya?!" Jet eyes grew wide in astonishment. 

I started backing away nervously.

I couldn't let him know who I really was. If he knew, he would know about Zuko. And... And that will blow our cover.

I was stopped from moving further backward by Aang, Sokka, and the same blind girl I saw previously at the fight with Azula.

... What was this? Another reunion?

"Katara, what's going on?" Aang seemed surprise, and he grew even more surprised when he  saw me. "And what are you doing here, Tasha?!"

"Wait," Katara returned her attention on Jet, narrowing her eyes in suspicion. "Jet, you know who Tasha is?"

Jet squinted and looked at Katara as if she had just said something extraordinary.

"Who's Tasha? Her name's Kya." Jet said, looking over to me genuinely. I shuddered when our eyes met again. 

This couldn't be good.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Sokka complained and stared at the both of us incredulously.

"It's a misunderstanding. It's difficult to explain." I backed away slowly. I needed to get out of this mess, before Jet finds out that I am a traitor and an enemy.

"Hold it there, pretty face." The blind girl snapped, bending a rock wall behind me, preventing me from advancing into escape. My heart skipped a beat at her sudden action. Darn, she was too quick for me.