Chapter 13: Travellers

"My dad, I need to find my dad!" A certain young water tribe girl cried out, pushing through the crowds of people gathered in front.

"Daddy?!" She wailed and tears welled up in her eyes upon seeing her dad lying motionless on the ground.

"Daddy wake up." The girl shook the lifeless body of her dad, in hope that he would open up his eyes.

"The fire nation... they took him. They took away his life!" The girl's mother cried, running towards the lifeless body of the man she loved dearly. She wrapped her husband's body and her daughter in a tight embrace.

"Daddy's... gone?" The girl looked up to her father's face, touching his hands which were cold and lifeless.

"Daddy has gone to a better place..."

"Stupid fire nation!" The young water bender cried out, running towards the ships that seemed to be retreating.

"Why did you take away my daddy?!" She wailed, throwing a snowball towards the ships. The snowball sank into the water as it melted into oblivion... and the ships slowly faded into the ice. They were gone - all gone.

"No..." She dropped her knees down into the snow, tears streaming down on her face endlessly.

Tasha's POV

I jolted awake, drenched in my own sweat. My head was throbbing in pain, as I the visions of my nightmare flashed across my mind.

A tear rolled down my cheek unknowingly. My childhood memories were so blurry - I can only vaguely recall the day when the fire nation invaded the tribe.

Wiping my tear off, I looked around the cave, realising that Zuko wasn't around.

"Zuko?" I called out, my voice echoing through the empty cave walls. Worried of his whereabouts, I walked out of the cave to look for him.

I called for him repeatedly, my voice echoing in the woods.

After about 10 minutes of a fruitless search for him, I slumped down in exhaustion outside the cave.

Where could Zuko have gone?

Zuko's POV

During the night, I sneaked out and did the unmistakable - I became the blue spirit. I managed to steal the mask that was sold from the nearby fishing village as well as a pair of sharp twin rapiers to do what I needed to do.

Yes - the blue spirit - one of the worst thieves ever recorded in history. The spirit which stole, rob and harassed many rich people, taking their goods away.

I walked back to our camp with the loot, placing my blue spirit mask under a tree.

I spotted Tasha sitting on the rock outside the cave, looking tired. Her head was buried in her knees, and she seemed to be sweating and panting uncontrollably.

"Zuko?" She looked at me upon hearing my footsteps.

"Where have you been? I was worried sick." Tasha placed her hands on my shoulders as she spoke. I raised my eyebrows, a little surprised at her action. But I brushed it off, thinking that she was just really relieved to have seen me.

"I went shopping for supplies." I said, placing down the loots on the ground.

"Great. I'm starving." She exclaimed, observing the stuffs. "How did you even pay for so much food?"

"I have money with me." I lied. Of course I didn't have a single cent on me. It was all bought with stolen money.

"I got you this." I handed her a traditional earth kingdom dress that I stole. I figured it would fit her - but I wasn't too sure.