Feels Like A Perfect Night

Hi everyone! I hope you've all had a nice day. Guess what? Tomorrow is my last day of school! I'm so excited, as this year has been so terrible. Three months of relaxing sounds so perfect. Especially once the dance recital is over.... but that's a whole other story haha. Enough about me, though. I have some more sweet fluff for you all. Enjoy/comment/vote. Love you all xx
-ab

-------------------------------------

April 4, 2026

Harper

On my day off, Taylor invites me over to her house, so that we can spend some time together hanging out. Joe is out for the day, taking some photos for a magazine, so it's just us girls for the day.

Taylor is still feeling yucky from her pregnancy, but she's starting to get more used to it. Having to be near a toilet in case of morning sickness is annoying, but she's not quite planning on hiking any rural mountains anyway, so it isn't particularly a challenge.

When I get to Taylor's, she gives me a huge smile at the door and welcomes me inside.

"I'm so glad you could come over today, Harper," she tells me. "I thought we could just do some baking and watch some movies. Have a relaxing day, you know?"

"That sounds perfect," I laugh.

"You know, Patrick would freak if you made him those cinnamon roll cookies that he likes."

"Oh my gosh, you're right!" I laugh. "I've not made those for him in so long."

"Well, then let's make that happen today." Taylor pauses. "God, I want grape juice."

I blink. "What?"

"I would really just kill for a glass of grape juice right now."

"Um... okay," I laugh, figuring that this is some sort of weird pregnancy craving, thanks to Taylor's hormones. "How about you call your bodyguard and ask him to get some? I'm sure he would."

"Good idea." Taylor laughs as she picks up her phone and dials up a member of her security staff.

About half an hour later, we hear a knock on the door, and her guard, who has presumably just made a run to the nearest Tesco Express, hands is a bottle of grape juice.

"You're the best," Taylor tells him, handing over a £20 note. "Keep the change."

After both of us enjoy our glass of juice, which is really quite good, we decide to watch a bit of telly before we start baking.

"So, what's Patrick up to today?" Taylor asks. "I'd reckon he's missing you."

"A bit, probably," I laugh. "He's got studying to do, though, and he might be going out for a pint with some friends this evening. He'll be fine on his own."

"Alright, that's good," Taylor replies. "I've got some friends coming in from The States next week, but I've been quite lonely otherwise, so I'm glad I'm not putting him in that position today."

"Has Joe not been around?"

"He's been filming some stuff. Working on a TV show and such. That's all still a secret, though, so you didn't hear it from me."

"Oh," I smile, "my lips are sealed. Congratulate him for me."

"Will do."

"Now," Taylor tells me, "this might be a silly question of me, but how much longer are you in Anastasia?"

"Not silly at all. My contract is up November 28."

"I'd love to come see you again, but that would be difficult with a little one, wouldn't it... I'd best come soon, I suppose."

"And you could definitely disguise yourself so that nobody knows it's you," I nod, "just as an extra precaution. I'd truly love it for you to come again."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll book tickets later, then."

"You're the absolute best, Tay," I tell her.

Eventually, we make our way into the kitchen, where Taylor starts to pull out the ingredients for the cookies. "Let's make some simple chocolate chip, too," she suggests.

"That sounds perfect. Don't tell Patrick, but I'm not exactly the biggest fan of his cinnamon roll cookies. They're yummy, of course, but I really do prefer a more traditional cookie like chocolate chip."

"I think he might divorce you for saying that."

"Yeah," I acknowledge, "you're not wrong."

Taylor and I both share a laugh, then begin to mix the batter together.

It's a lot of fun, baking with Taylor. We play some music and sing along. Not many people actually know the extent of Taylor's musical theatre knowledge, but it's definitely a guilty pleasure of hers. She's got a really good taste in musicals, too.

Suddenly, 'Journey To The Past' comes on. Of course, it's Christy Altomare's version, from the Original Broadway Cast, but it still makes me laugh. I stop what I'm doing and turn to Taylor. "Really?"

She laughs. "What can I say? I have Anastasia on my playlist. It's a really good show. I'll skip it, if you want."

"No, it's fine," I ensure her. "I was a fan first, remember. Honestly, the show came out when I was fourteen or fifteen, and I've been wanting to be Anya for about that long."

"It's so cool that you actually get to do it."

"It really is," I say.

Taylor and I spend quite a long time making cookies. After that, Taylor suggests that we watch a movie.

"What would you like to watch?" Taylor asks, flicking through the selections on her telly.

I stop Taylor, suddenly, when a certain movie appears on the screen. "What about-"

"You don't have to even finish that sentence, because it's a 'yes,'" she tells me, clicking on Les Miserables.

We order in takeaway for dinner, and enjoy the pizza which is quickly delivered to Taylor's door as we watch the movie.

By the end of the movie, Taylor is absolutely sobbing. She's blaming it on her pregnancy hormones, which causes me to chuckle a bit, as I make fun of my sister-in-law. The movie doesn't make me cry in the same way that the live production does, but it still tugs at my heartstrings.

"Well," Taylor says after the movie, "let's package you up some cookies, and then, you can be on your way back home to cuddle with that boy, who has been waiting for you all day and loves you so much."

I don't know why, but for some reason, that remark causes me to just throw my arms around Taylor and wrap her in a hug. She's caught a bit off-guard, but hugs me back after a second.

Only because our bodies are pressed together can I feel that she's starting to get the tiniest little bump on her tummy, due to the little baby growing inside. I can't help but be giddy with excitement over that idea.