Chapter 14

I tried to see the person again without facing the mirror. But there was nothing in there. I stood up only to see my reflection.

I washed my face again. There was still nothing. All the wooziness that I had had a few minutes ago was gone, replaced by fear and intrigue. I stayed there for a few minutes waiting for something to happen.

When nothing further happened, I turned and opened the door to walk out. I looked around and there it was again.

I flew around the door and hid behind it. Whatever it was, was also afraid of me. It was also hiding behind the door in the mirror. I walked out and up to the mirror.

It walked out from behind its door and walked up to me. Mimicking my actions. Step meeting step. Action meeting action.

It was a human figure burning bright blue. Not a raging fire, but mild and calm. Their eyes were silver. I looked intently at the figure.

What was this?

Wait. Mimicking me? That could only be... I slapped my forehead.

It's my reflection. It was hilarious but at the same time embarrassing.

Wait.

If that was my reflection then...

I looked down. My hands, arms, legs, and feet. Everything was burning, but I was not burning. If that makes sense.

I couldn't feel this flame.

I raise the rim of my shorts and my briefs. Yup, everything was on fire.

Damn. I have to douse this before my parents see it.

I rip off my clothes and jump into the shower.

I put the water on it's coldest setting and on the highest intensity.

After fifteen minutes, there I was. Glowing bright like a light in the night, even though I was under heavy pressure of extremely cold water.

Whatever I did, nothing worked. I was getting fed up of standing in the shower. I had tried all the shampoos, conditioners, body washes, soaps to see if it would help.

I even tried some toothpaste on an area to see if it would work. I just had to confess to my parents. I couldn't do this anymore.

I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower and started drying myself. I looked into the mirror.

There was my normal reflection again. At this point I was sure the universe hated me.

I stepped out into the room and put on new clothes and sat on the bed.

There was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's Mom"

"Come"

I was looking out the open window and when the door shut behind me I turned around. Instead of my mom, there was a figure on fire, blue just like me, walking towards me.

No, no, no. This had to be a bad dream. I stood up and backed away.

Something weird is going on.

"What's wrong, hun?"

It sounded like my mother. But could I trust it? There was only one means of escape.

I dove through the open window onto the front porch roof and slid to the ground.

Grandpa and dad were sitting there looking at me. Dad looking confused and Grandpa looking worried.

"We need to talk Grandpa. Now"

And I walked off at a very fast pace. When I looked back my mother was looking out the room window and Grandpa was trying his best to catch up with me.

"You can.....slow down......now," said Grandpa between breaths.

I stopped and he bent over to catch his breath.

"I'm not as young as I used to be" he laughed dryly.

"What's wrong, Nate"

I was silent for a few minutes. "I don't know, Grandpa. I really don't know"

"Alright. Explain to me in the best way you can" he said, his light brown eyes got a shade brighter.

"I was on fire. And then my mom was on fire. I don't know if I'm seeing things"

"Interesting. Normally you would feel it first" he mulled

"What! What do you mean?"

"Well. What you are seeing is called the Astral form. Each one of us has an Astral form. It's who we are. It's our souls. Where we get our power from. The stronger a person's power is, the brighter or stronger the flame. Anyone who uses their form for evil has a red one."

"Mine is blue"

"I know" he chuckled.

"How do you know?"

"I saw it when I gave you back your power. But that's my power. How you have it beats me. What has me even more perplexed at how fast you start seeing astral forms"

"What about this morning?"

"This morning?" he asked

"When you pulled me up. I felt something and almost fell. It was a weird sensation. I started feeling like that again just now before I started seeing these.....um..."

"Astral forms" he corrected

"Could the power could have transferred then?"

"I don't know. There is a possibility. But right now, we must help you control it. When you start seeing Astral forms, don't panic. Breathe and close your eyes and open them after a few seconds. That can also be used to activate it"

We practiced it for a few minutes and when I felt confident enough we walked back home. "Can my parents see Astral forms too?"

"No, otherwise they would have already known that you have powers. Meanwhile, you should watch how you touch others, until we understand how power is transferred to you."

I nodded.

"Anyways, I have convinced your dad to start training you in combat and self-defense"

"Really? Why? How?"

"I told him that as the human son of two superheroes, he has to know how to defend himself. That's one of the reasons why I did it. Secondly, he'll be unknowingly teaching you the basics of fighting. Makes my job easier"

We both laughed. We walked down the hill back to the house and my mom and dad were on the verandah. My mom's face looked extremely worried and dad had his arm around her.

They both walked up to meet us.

"Is everything alright" they both asked.

"Yeah. Nate had a rough night last night. Nightmares and such. He just needs some rest. He'll need it for our trip back to the waterfall tomorrow"

I didn't want to lie to my parents. There had to be a simpler way. However, keeping this secret is going to get a lot harder when we go back home.

I was sent off to bed and they stayed out in the evening to enjoy the scenery.

As I drifted off to sleep, I heard the cry of the ducks as they came in to land on the lake.

**A/N**

Do you guys think that I should make my chapter names thematic to what's going to occur or is the Chapter 1,2,3,4.... okay?? Also, leave a like if yo uenjoyed this chapter :)

**