- Almost Was -

Within the confines of your room, you looked down at the piece of paper Five had somehow managed to give you. Slowly you unfolded the miniscule slip, and the same handwriting filled the index-card-sized piece of paper.

(Y/n),

If you're reading this, then you're probably pretty pissed at me right now. I'm sorry I didn't say anything beforehand, but there's something I need to do. I'll explain everything when I get back, I promise.

Five

You clenched your fist, crumpling the piece of paper in your hand. When I get my hands on him, I swear I'll kick his-

"(Y/n)?" You turned your head to see Allison at your door, gently tapping her knuckles on the frame. "We're having a family meeting."

Rolling your eyes, you pocketed the note and followed Allison down into the living room. "What the hell is this about?"

"It's about how the world's ending in three days," Luther said.

"Three?" Allison asked.

"It's what Five said," you shrugged.

"You mean you knew too?" Allison questioned you.

You narrowed your eyes at her. "Of course I did, where do you think I've been this whole time?"

"Y'know," Klaus said as Allison passed around coffees, "the old man did mention the apocalypse . . . just not the whole when bit."

"Can really trust Five at this point?" Allison inquired. "I mean he's been a bit . . ."

Klaus chuckled, "Our little psycho."

"I thought that was me," you commented.

"Okay, one of two," Klaus corrected himself.

"Psychotic or not, Five was pretty damn convincing," Luther insisted. "Besides, if he wasn't trying to stop it and alter the timeline, those two trigger-happy bastards wouldn't be after him."

"That's why they were after him?" Diego asked.

"What did he even see in the Apocalypse?" Allison asked Luther.

He stopped. "Uh . . . Apparently, we all fought against whoever started the whole think in the first place." He slowly stood up and clapped his hands. "So the
plan is- "

The following slew of protests from the others was almost instantaneous. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what happened the first time around?" Klaus inquired.

"Yeah, what aren'tcha telling us?" Diego added. He looked at me. "(Y/n)? Five trusted you most, did he say anything?"

All eyes were on you for a while before you spoke. "You want the truth or the bullshit he told Luther?"

They all chorused, "The truth."

You sighed, looking up at them. "You all died . . . I was the only one left alive as far as Five knew. I had managed to protect myself with my crystals . . . He wasn't sure what exactly had happened."

They all slumped in their seats, Luther was half-heartedly glaring at me. After a few minutes of stunned silence, you finally asked the question that'd been burning in the back of your mind.

"Where's Vanya?" you asked. "Thought this was a family meeting?"

The others were quiet. Allison was the one to speak. "I couldn't reach out to her."

You frowned. "Uh-huh."

Five

"You know, Number Five," The Handler said to me, "In all of the years I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you."