- Cruel Reminders -

EYYY WE GOT A LONG CHAPTER! GET READY FOR OVER 4K WORDS BABY! And yes, we finally have a picture of Jiji - literally the only other name he responds to other than Dzie or his full name. (Dz-Dz?)!
Warning: None really, I just hate on chihuahuas a bit xD. Oh, and I may or may not smash your heart with the final scene, I know I hurt mine (╥﹏╥).

XxXxX

The feeling of the wind whipping through your hair was nothing short of spectacular as you zipped down the road on the (f/c) 1960 Ducati Scrambler - Italians make fantastic vehicles - that Boss had given you; he had said it would be more convenient for you, as cars were bulkier - and frankly, you looked a bit ridiculous driving something so ordinary with your unordinary appearance.

Today was a very good day for you. Why? When you had pulled up to work, ready to hear the details of your job, Boss had told you the client cancelled, said he had come down with something. Delighted by the news, what else were you to do than scurry back home to have a nice day off with your best friend and ferret - you tended to get odd looks carrying the creature in your arms or on his little leash, but you always remarked about the horrible dogs that not only resembled, but sounded like rats as well. You always did hate Chihuahuas.

When you pulled up in front of a small coffee shop, you were delighted to see your favorite ginger sitting at a small table outside with mug and a book, not to mention the leashed ferret in his lap - the harness around him was a gift Arthur had gotten custom-made for you after a few weeks of living together.

"I'm assuming that's hot chocolate in your mug, and not coffee?" you said loudly as you hopped off the bike.

The male's blue eyes lit up like glimmering aquamarines at your appearance, only to register your comment and darken as his face formed a pout, "I'm telling you, no matter how much sugar I put in, it's always bitter!"

Laughing, you sat down across from him and Dzie leapt from his lap, his tiny leash skittering behind him as he scampered up your leg and onto your thighs. Giving the creature the scratches he deserved, you said to Arthur, "Herman cancelled at the last minute, so I've got the day off."

A blinding smile appeared on the boy's face, "Great! There's this library I've been meaning to show you - and I don't think we've been to the park lately, have we? Oh, or we could go see a show - do you think they're showing anything good?"

You chuckled at his antics, the fact that he was seventeen and so innocent still amusing you. "I just wanna go somewhere bright, hiding in the shadows all day makes me miss the sun."

He giggled, something you noticed fairly early on, as you had never met a boy who giggled. "Fair enough," he stated. "Your pick, then!"

Smiling, you got out of your chair, lifting Dzie with your hand. Taking Arthur by the hand, you pulled him to his feet. "Then let's just drive until we find somewhere interesting!"

The redhead giggled again as you handed him the darling ferret and hopped onto the bike. He settled down behind you, carefully putting on your spare helmet and timidly putting a lean arm around your midsection.

Revving the engine, you shot down the street, the lurch of the bike eliciting a startled yelp from Arthur, whose other arm shot around your waist, as Dzie had taken shelter in the pocket of his jacket - another contraption made just for the ferret. You barked out a laugh at your friend, who joined in after a few seconds, and you both enjoyed the feeling of the wind on your skin.

Five

When Diego was lead into the bland, glaringly white visiting room by two guards, he was just like he was just hours ago for me - albeit he was much more ragged, just as he had been at Doomsday. Upon seeing me, he seemed shocked to say the least. He seemed to stall in his steps and his eyes widened at me. It was almost like he was in a daze, mouth slightly opened and staring at me like he wasn't sure if it was actually me.