- Into the Dark -

Some backstory: I tried to find some sort of real person to give (Y/n) her connections, but I decided to not make her an associate of the Dallas Crime Family for moral reasons, and I didn't want her involved with Jack Ruby (you'll see), so I created a mobster!

XxXxX

The drop into the dark alley was far, and would've been quite painful had you not caught yourself on your feet, crystals shooting from your hands to stabilize your body. Above your head, the familiar blue vortex whirled and wavered. In the azure energy, for a second, you could make out a vague image of the theater you had just been inside of. Before you could search for your comrades in the wiggling portal, the vortex vanished.

A sudden flash of light caused you to blink as the entire alley filled with light in an instant. By the time your eyes had opened, the alley had once again been consumed by the darkness. You turned just in time to see a curtain being hastily pulled shut, dimming the light that might have been previously emitted from the window a few stories above your head. Blinking once more, you dismissed any previous notion that the occurrence was important.

"Guys?" you called, the sound bouncing off of the brick walls around you.

A chitter sounded off, along with the clattering of various unknown objects. Facing the origin of the noise, you could feel the hair on the back of your neck standing up. Seconds later, you were relieved to see a skinny form slinking out from beside a nearby dumpster.

"Dziewięć!" you sighed, kneeling to take the ferret's furry body into your hands, holding him tight to your form. "Holy - hey, don't squirm." Dzie stilled once he was comfortable in your grasp, and you looked around the alley again, only to find that the others were nowhere to be found. Despite the warm-blooded creature in your arms, a feeling of loneliness passed over you.

Don't jump to conclusions, you sighed to yourself, they could be here, I just haven't found them yet.

So that's what you tried to do. You wandered around the dark city, which you learned was Dallas, Texas. The information had been acquired when a concerned woman had stopped you to inquire if you were lost - to which you had no choice but to swallow your pride and say "yes" in order to find out your whereabouts. However, you had narrowly avoided her calling the authorities by telling her that you only needed to know what street you were on.

Figuring out your "whenabouts" - a word you had thought up with a chuckle - had been an entirely different matter. When you saw a very specific sign - one that made you want to tear down the quaint diner it was hanging in - you had a vague sense of the time period. However, it wasn't until you stumbled across a newspaper dispenser that you discovered the precise date printed at the top corner: "April 1, 1963."

You grimaced. Texas, and the '60s? Give me a break . . . Tipping your head back, you silently huffed at the inky sky, imagining different ways to strangle Five for stranding you here of all places, here of all times. Speaking of which . . .

Turning your head, you looked up and down the street for any familiar faces as you recalled you were basically alone. Unfortunately, you found no one that had the facial features you were searching for.

All the while, your mind was being plagued with question after question: Where are the others? Are they even here in the first place? Are they okay? Did Vanya come to? What was that thing where we were all thirteen for a second but then weren't? Are the others all together again, or did they get separated too? With each question your mind procured, your own lack of an answer made your stomach twist and churn painfully and your heartbeat thrum uncomfortably in your head.