- My Choice -

Crash!

Oh no . . . You ran for what might've been your life.

You didn't get very far, however, as Klaus, Diego, and Pogo were coming from the opposite direction.

"What the hell's going on?" Diego asked. Luther and Allison soon entered the hallway as well.

"What do you think?" you snarled. "It's Vanya. I don't think she took too kindly to being locked up." You sent a glower Luther's way.

"Miss (Y/n) is right," Pogo said. "I'm afraid this is Miss Vanya's doing. We need to leave, now."

"I'm not leaving her here," you protested. "At the very least, I'm indestructible." You formed a crystal for proof.

"We're not testing that theory," Diego said, grabbing your wrist and hauling you up the stairs, Klaus close behind.

"It'll be okay," the skinny man said to you, grabbing your own hand. After a second of his hand trembling around your own, you realized he wasn't holding your hand for your comfort, but rather his own. Swallowing your pride, you obeyed for the time being.

"Don't forget Mom," Luther called after the three of you.

When you reached the top, Diego hollered, "Mom!"

"Split up, we'll find her," you said, detaching from the two. Bolting down one hall, the sound of the other two yelling for the android faded.

A squeak sounded off beside you. Looking down, you saw Dzie racing beside you. Taking a second, you scooped the ferret off of the ground, running as you held him to your chest. You dodged falling debris from the ceiling, hell-bent on finding the source of it all. Vanya, where are you?

Running down the stairs, you heard Pogo's voice sound off in the living room.

"Miss Vanya!" The rumbling stopped, and so did you. Your mind went blank, and you didn't know what to do next. Sliding behind a wall, you waited silently, knowing if you appeared now, Vanya might think she was being ambushed. "Stop this at once!" Pogo scolded. There was silence for a moment. "Miss Vanya, I know how upset you are - and rightfully so. But I can assure you that none of your siblings bear any responsibility for what happened to you as a child."

More silence. A few moments, thick with a heavy, palpable tension, passed. "Did you know about it? About me?" Vanya quietly asked. Something was wrong.

"Master Hargreeves found. . . that like your siblings, you had a great power . . . It was simply too great." He sighed. "Your father wished to protect you from yourself . . . As well as your siblings."

Another pause. "Did . . . you know?"

You heard him sigh. " . . . Yes, Vanya . . . I knew."

There was silence before the floor shook beneath your feet, and the building began to rumble. Wind whipped your hair about and blew harshly past your ears.

You heard Pogo grunt, quickly followed by the sound of something being slammed against a wall.

You turned on instinct, running into the hall, "Vanya!" You gasped, throwing your hands over your mouth. Pogo was pinned to the wall above the fireplace, skewered by the antlers of the stag head that was nailed above it. Vanya, who had been standing in the middle of the room, whipped around to face you. "Vanya . . . What did you do?" you asked shakily.

She stared at you with unfamiliar, piercing blue eyes that cut through you like ice. Dzie trembled against your body. "He knew, (Y/n)," she said softly. The sound of her voice was chilling. "He knew I was like them, like you, but he . . . they all let me believe I was normal . . . that I was somehow less than them. How is that fair?"