2: Phil's POV

My senses were jolted awake by my little sister screaming into my ears."Phil! Breakfast is ready!" she screamed like a banshee. I threw a pillow over my face and groaned, she grabbed the pillow and flipped it across the room."Wake up lazy!" She yelled ripping off my comforter. I flung my eyes open, preparing to yell before I saw her excited face. God dangit she was so adorable.

I smiled at her and she beamed back with a 50 watt smile. Jumping off my bed to the floor."Breakfast is ready," she sang. Padding downstairs in her bunny slippers. Dang she was so cute.

I looked over to my kitten clock by my dresser. (Don't ask I loved it when I was 5. Maybe even now too.) 7:15 ah yes, 5 more minutes of sleep than the short 1 minute walk to school. I soghed contently and snuggled back in my matress.

Wait, my brain said. Yes, I asked it. Phillip Lester you live in a new country that clock is wrong. My blood froze and I made a grab for my cellphone. I'm certain I changed it yester- my thoughts aburdly while I read 7:49. Shit! i yelled mentally, jumping from my bed and running to the bathroom. I ran my hands under the faucet. I ran them through my hair while brushing my teeth. Double tasking proved ineffective as I dropped the toothpaste and the contents exploded all over the mirror and sink. No time, I brain reminded me and I dug through boxes for my contacts. Cursing myself for letting my mom pack them.

"Phil! Sweety your going to be late!" My mum said from downstairs.

I tore apart the boxes, searching for my contacts but found absloutly nothing till I looked through my little sisters princess bag. I groaned out loud. Taking them out and putting them in my eyes after poking my eyes about 5 times. I tried to be angry at my sister but her adorable face kept flashing in my mind. Damn her cuteness.

I ran down the steps like I was on fire. A mechanical sound came from outside and I heard little kids yelling.

Okay that must be the highschool bus so I got 5 minutes at best. I told my overreacting brain. Grabbing a piece of toast as my little sister padded in. Ugh, stop being so cute, it's distracting.

"Hey can you drive me to school? I just missed my bus," she said. I slapped my hand to my forehead, the elementary school starts 10 minutes after highschool.

I grabbed my bookbag, groaning at the inconvience. Why universe! I didnt even do anything!

"Bye mom! Love you I gotta go!" I yelled behind my shoulder. Running outside into the cold while the schools bell rang in the distance. I took off in a sprint down the street. Slipping on my backpack while I went.

The top of the brick school came slowly into view while I ran. My breath jagged and side screaming when I ran inside.

The halls were empty and a office stood across the main door. A man typing away on his computer through the floor to ceiling glass windows.

I walked inside and he looked at the clock before glancing at me."New kid? A bit late," he said sarcasticly. I looked down at my feet.

"Yeah sorry, I overslept," I murmured to my feet. The assistant just rolled their eyes.

"Don't get sad. It was a joke, I was almost late today too," The assistant laughed at their own joke. Handing me a packet."Just sign this form and I've got your schedule and locker stuff in there as well. Have a nice day 'kay? I know how hard first days can be."

"Thank you," I smiled at the assistant,"I like your hair by the way, very minty." I joked, reliefed when he laughed, taking back the packet.

"Thank ya, I try to look my best. Find me at lunch kay? I'm a student too, this is just my 1st period since I got kicked out of everything else for talking all te time." The assisntant smile at me, going back to the computer. Yes, good job Phil. First friend found.

I chuckled at my nerdiness, walking out of the office and into the empty hall.

My paper said my homeroom was in the Biology classroom. Well that was good, Biology has always been my favorite. I climbed up the steps towards my locker, it was at the very end of the hall by the exit sign. I opened it up and put away my bookbag. Grabbing my binder before walking to the classroom door. I stopped just outside the door, my hand onthe handle and breathing barly audible while I opened it slowly. It was one of the worst feelings I know. Everyone looked over to me and I felt weird.

Everyones eyes flickered to my pants and a girl with ombre hair gave me a synpathic smile. I looked down to see I was still in my sweatpants and messy cat tshirt. I screamed at myself mentally. Turning all red and feeling my whoke body heat up. Waves of hot embarassment waved throw out my body. I gave the bote Tyler had given me to the teacher and she gesturded at me to sit down well everyone started laughing.

I don't think I could have been any redder while I sat down and a kid turned around towards me,"Sorry bout the laughing mate, but it is pretty funny." I glared at him and went back to my notebook. Drawing some random stuff in it while the laughter started to die down.

What a great start, my brain mumbled to me.