30: Dan's POV

"Alright thats it," Tyler says outside my door. Shortly followed by the sound of a lock turning and Dan's door swinging open.

"No!" Dan yelled the moment light flashed in and blinded him.

"Well sucks beca- Oh my god, Dan," Tyler suddenly rushes in, dropping down so that hes croched in front of Dan. Who is still leaning againist the wall from two days ago.

Dan just stares at his hands, refusing to meet Tylers eyes and muttering to himself.

"Dan say something dammit! You've been here for weeks! Wake up!" Tyler suddenly snaps, all his comforting emotions slipping away. He reels back and slaps Dan across the face, hard.

The quiet is almost deafening as Tyler slowly calms down and begins to freak."Oh my god, what did I, Dan I'm so so so sorry. Jesus." Tyler touches the already red skin and Dan finally looks up. Tyler freezes, his eyes, holy shit his eyes, red surrounds them from hours of crying and the color seems washed out, like a brown/white smore.

"Don't be sad, I needed that," Dan laughs, but the smile didn't reach his dead eyes.

"Oh, Dan," Tyler's protectiness sets in again and he pulls Dan into a hug.

"They, they gave m-me a message b-b-but I can't tell the p-police cause t-they'll hurt h-h-him," Dan stutters as the tears start again. He just feels so so, hopelesss, he can't do anything. He can't find Phil, what CAN he do?

"They hurt him?" Tyler asks quietly, a bit of venom entering his voice as Dan nods againist his shoulder.

"Fuck them, just, god," Tyler mutters and Dan can here it in his voice, that same feeling was begining to set in for him as well.

"I'm going to find him, dammit," Dan finally feels that spark, just from hearing Tyler lose hope. He relizes he can't be like that, he has to stay strong, he has to find Phil or nobody else will.

"Dan.." Tyler started but Dan instantly cut him off.

"No, don't 'Dan' me, I will find him, I have to," Dan forces, moving from the embrace to grab his phone and the letter.

Tyler sighs, thinking hard before coming to a conclusion."I'll help."

"Tyler I don't know, it's going to be dangerous, like walking on a frozen pond. One wrong step and we're dead." Dan reasons, giving Tyler a 'please' look at Tyler instantly batters away.

"Screw that, we have to find him, you need him," Tyler says, grabbing Dan's phone and going to his recent text and seeing the pictures.

Dan makes a dying sound, looking away from Phil in the photo. Your going to find him Dan, you have too, for you and him. Thats when it catches Dan's eye, a window, small half sun shining into the room a sliver of light.

"A window," Tyler notices at the same time, showing it too Dan and Dan nods."Thats a clue, we need to find this window. And, what does this look like?"

Dan looks over the photo again, focusing on the window and seeing grey bricks around it, they look a little sogged, like, water damage."A basment!" Dan shouts, unable to hid his happiness, one step closer Dan, one step closer.
<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
"Found anything?" Dan asks into his phone, looking around the neighborhood again.

"No, but don't give up," Tyler answers.

They've been looking for hours, after spilting up earlier and they were staring to get tired and hopeless again.

"I know, give it another 30 minutes?" Dan asks, hearing Tyler grunt a yes before turning off his phone and rubbing a hand over his face.

Dan looks around the neighborhood again, searching for the little half sun but finding nothing.

Gah, Dan groans to himself, slamming his feet againist the pavement angerly as he left the neighborhood.

There had to be something, Dans mind says, making him look around just before leaving.

Course thats the moment he sees it, that little half sun staring right at him like it wants to be found. Dan stares long enough for a black hole to fill his vision before the word 'go' finally snaps into his mind and he's running.

Philphilphilphilphilphil is the only word running through Dans mind as he jumps at the window, slamming into the ground and looking in.

Pictures, so many pictures, they line the wall in collages, its all Phil, Dan's Phil, covered in blood and crying. Dan freezes, not even hesitating before breaking the window with his hands, causing the still healing scars to break open again.

Dan somehow squezes himself through the window, falling about 2 feet with a cringe worthy crack. Pain radiates through his nose into his head but Dan barely notices as he looks around the photos.

"No!" He screams, anger controlling him as he rips every photo off the wall and watches them drift lifelessly to the ground. Soon every photo is gone and Dan swings around to start to the second wall, then third.

When he get to the forth he stops, staring at the mess and destruction surrounding him. He looks to wall one and sees it.

A message, a goddamn message. They knew those basterds knew that Dan would freak out. They knew.

Come to your true home Daniel