The Beginning, Part 1

"Humans are all different in many ways," said Mr. Sutekina, standing in the front of the classroom. He was a tall man wearing a black suit and a red tie, and a small goatee. His glasses were rectangle shaped, his hair was slicked back. He looked at me, his eyes cold and dead, but then he turned to the rest of the class, the life returning to his eyes as he yelled out, "Today, you will work in groups to find out what that difference is for you, then you'll present to the class." Wow, he looked dead inside just looking at me. "Now when I say go, make a group of four," Mr. Sutekina instructed. Everyone waited silently for the instruction to start, and just when I was about to yawn, Mr. Sutekina yelled, "Go!!!" Everyone else got into groups of four, except for four people. I was one of those four. "Chakkuri," yelled Mr. Sutekina. "Why don't you be the head of the remaining four." A tall boy stood in the far side of the room. He stepped forward and yelled, "Yes sir!" Chakkuri was the type of boy that would always do what he was told. We sat down at the table that was closest to him and started to do what we were told.

"Hey, Kage, is there anything that you know that you have different from everyone else?" Chakkuri asked me, looking very excited. "No," I replied. Chakkuri opened his mouth as if he were going to speak when I said, "Actually, yeah, I think that Mr. Sutekina hates me.", "No he doesn't." Chakkuri said quickly, as if trying to cover what I said. "Anyways, I know what the difference that I have is," Chakkuri said, then grinned. He looked around the group sneakily, his gaze meeting every one of us. He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly closed it, making me impatient. Finally, he said: "Oh, it's nothing. I jus-", "WOULD YOU JUST TELL US ALREADY GOSH DANG IT!?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, making everyone turn to me. I saw some boy in the corner of the room mock anger and everyone laughed. I mean everyone. "Good one, Isiah!" I heard someone say. I glared at Isiah, shivering at the sight of his nose. His eyes were big, his hair was short, but the thing that got me the most was his nose. His nose was very long and tilted up.

Mr. Sutekina looked up, scanned the room with his eyes, then when his eyes were on me, they went dark. "Are you done explaining your differences to your group?" He asked. "I don't have one." was my answer. He then looked at me, smiled and said: "Everyone has differences, Kage. You just have to realize it—," he stopped when he saw my ponytail, then added: "Oh, and i'm not talking about appearance, either." I looked around and saw staring faces, and became embarrassed.

When I got back to my seat, I found one of my group members, Daz, mumbling dreamily: "Sigh, Oh senpai. Always yelling at Kage. I love how cold and heartless you are to him. Why'd you put me in the same group as him?" I looked at him, concerned, then complained, "Uhhh, Daz is getting kind of dreamy right now. He keeps on talking about his "Dream Lover" or something like that." I heard one of my classmates ask "Who is it?" then everyone started talking. Mr. Sutekina rolled his eyes and said "Sigh, Tell us who it is so we can get this over with." I looked at Daz and saw him blushing. I heard him mumble again, dreamy look in his eyes. "Sigh, how cold your voice sounds, makes me want to kiss you. Your nice glasses, and your goatee makes you look irresistible!"

I heard my classmates again and this time they asked something along the lines of: "What did he say?" and I knew just then, if I didn't spill the beans, they just wouldn't stop. The chittering went on until finally, I said: "I think it's Sutekina.", "You mean, Mr. Sutekina?" one of my classmates asked. Ten seconds passed in silence, then Mr. Sutekina asked, "Wait, me?!" He then looked at me, "Are you joking around with me?" He asked. "Nope, it is just what he was saying. He said 'Sigh, how cold your voice sounds, makes me want to kiss you. Your nice glasses, and your goatee makes you look irresistible!' exactly like that, and when you look at how you look, Sutekina—", "Mr. Sutekina, if you may" He interrupted. I looked at him and agreed, "Mr. Sutekina has those same features." Mr. Sutekina looked at Daz and started muttering the details of his sentence. He then blushed.

I just stared in silence, letting just ten more seconds pass then asked: "Did he just blush?"

Just then, a pencil flew at me. I looked where the pencil had flown from, and saw Daz standing there. I opened my mouth in shock. I started to look around and saw everyone else looking at Daz, too. I opened my mouth to say, "Did you all see that?" But another pencil flew at me. I started to walk towards the door, but when I finally reached it, another pencil flew at me and pierced the door. I turned around and was shocked. Daz now stood with a bunch of pencils stuck in mid air. "I guess this is my difference," he smirked, "I would like to challenge Kage to a battle, if that is okay with everyone in this room."

Silence. Mr. Sutekina started: "I am no—," Daz turned the pencils towards Mr. Sutekina. "I was not asking for opinions," glared Daz, as he repositioned the pencils to face me. "Sure," I had accepted his request. "Is this going to be like a fist fight or—", "Begin," boomed Daz, sending some of the pencils flying at me. I dodged as quickly as I could, then picked up a pencil to throw it upwards, thinking I could do the same thing he was. The pencil fell down, a lot more flew at me. I guess I was having a bit too much fun jumping around, dodging every pencil he threw at me, because I didn't realize the sharp pain in my leg.

I heard a girl shriek, as I noticed the trail of blood I was leaving behind. Another pencil flew at me and stabbed me in my stomach. I looked as more pencils zoomed towards me. Now I was scared I might lose my life. "Oh my gosh, he said yes!!" The same girl who shrieked was looking at her phone, and her friends started to crowd her. Now it is obvious they don't care about me! I'm about to die, and they are worried about their crush accepting them? I threw a desk onto its side and used it as cover. "What am I going to do?" The question echoed in my mind as I tried to think of ways to survive. Daz came in on my left and kicked me in my head. I now lay sideways on the ground, accepting defeat, and probably death.

I closed my eyes and await my horrible demise, when out of nowhere, a deep voice said "It's okay, I'm coming Kage." I don't remember this voice, yet I feel a bit of hope spark in me. I open my eyes and see... a jacket. A grey jacket. I look up, but I don't see the foot that was raised above my head a few seconds ago. I look around and see Daz crowded by girls with hearts in their eyes. I close my eyes and mutter: It's not over Daz. I feel as if my body is being lifted up, my eyes still closed. The muttering is muffled out by metal, you know, music. The jacket is getting put on me by no one, now... obviously a classic anime transformation scene. I feel like I am supposed to land on my feet, ready for a fight, but instead, my body is tossed onto the ground like a broken doll. I open my eyes.

I get up, my arms barely able to support my own weight. A few girls gasp.

"The fight isn't over, Daz," I sputter, blood streaming from my mouth. Daz quickly turned his head, and it looked like he could've broken his neck. "We'll see about that." Was his response, and with one push from his leg on the floor, he glided towards me, fists ready to punch. "What are you doing? Fight!!!" The deep voice again. "Hello, who's talking?" I asked, confused. The deep voice came again: "Who cares? Fight!!!" Daz punches, I dodge, then punch him in the face. He turns and sends a kick aiming for my face. I block it and land one on his stomach, followed by an elbow to the back of his head. I jump, getting ready to slam down, but he looks up and quickly dodges, landing a blow on my face. I continued falling and hit my head on a desk. I look at Daz and see him doing some type of magic, collecting the pencils and merging them, a bright light comes from them and, well, let's just say that now it is a sword made with diamond. I looked at him and felt like making a sword too. "Hey voice! How do I make a sword?" Nothing. "Hello?" Still nothing. Great, I don't have a weapon, and that voice isn't telling me how to make one. I close me eyes and concentrate. I shape my hand into a circle...ish, and do the same with the other and put one circle on top of the other. I pull one hand up as if I was pulling a sword out of it's sheath and open my eyes. A purplish black katana is now in my hands. I look up to see that Daz is lunging towards me, ready to strike. Just in time, I think and the sword flashed light purple for a moment. I swing it up, and blocked the attack.