The Tournament, Part 2

Who is Katsu talking about? Did they sway Hiroko to their side? Did they grab someone I know? Why am I asking these questions? Kage starts following Katsu, who seemed to be waiting for him every now and then. Finally, Katsu stops walking, then starts looking up. Kage looks up at the spot that Katsu was staring at. Just then, Katsu starts to move, as if making room for someone. A few seconds later, something falls out of the sky. A flash of green can be seen. After the dust clears out, all Kage could see is someone in a purple jacket. "Who are you?" Kage backs up, and the mysterious woman takes off her hoodie. It is the green haired lady. "Wait, you're-" Kage starts, before getting cut off. "Yeah, yeah. I'm Rika's mom." She then glares at Kage. "Not that it really matters, because you don't remember anything about her," She then steps forwards, towards Kage. "I may not remember her, but I do remember you!" The words slip out of Kage's mouth. Rika's mom then looks at Kage, seemingly interested in what Kage has to say.

 "Oh, really now? Then tell me, what did you call me back then?" She stands there, waiting for an answer. Kage looks at her, then smiles. "I used to call you by your first name, Toshiko," Kage then sits down on a nearby rock. "You used to make me rice cakes every time I came over." Kage looks back up at Toshiko, who seemed somewhat mesmerized. Kage then continues. "You would say that you hope your daughter would marry someone like me," Kage then smiles, and says, "Nope, not gonna happen. If Rika and I were to get married, it would be a waste. All of the things good about her would be wasted on the likes of me. Where she is beautiful, I am ugly. Where she is smart, I'm a total baka. Where she is easy to get along with, no one likes me. We are exact opposites, except for our appearance. That is why I won't even think about marrying someone like her. She will never be able to be happy with me."

 Kage then gets back up. Toshiko then falls to her knees. She seems to be crying. Kage looks at her, sympathetically. "Oh, come on. I say just a little about our past, and you start crying? No need to waste your tears on me." Kage walks over to her. Toshiko then looks up, quickly hugging Kage. "You're wrong. About everything. You are a handsome and smart young man. You are easy to get along with, and also have more friends than you think. That one day, when Saki almost fell off of the cliff, she came to me, crying, and told me what you did." Toshiko then pulls away, looking into Kage's eyes. Kage's purple eyes glistened in the moonlight, as they stared right back at her. "After you left and didn't come back, that is when I was kidnapped... I'm sure things became even more lonely for Rika." Toshiko gets up, then says, "I'll just go to your base, and wait until this whole tournament is over. You officially caught me, Kage."

 Kage gets up, confused, as Toshiko walks towards the shadow base. "Oh yeah, you should also talk to Saki and Kei. I'm sure they miss you!" Kage says, and then turns towards Katsu. " Well, I guess it's time for our fight." Kage gets into a stance, and Katsu follows. "Yeah, I guess, you're right." Katsu lunges at Kage.

 This time, it's Chakkuri and Hansuke.

 Chakkuri looks around, eyes alert and waiting for someone to arrive. Hansuke looks at Chakkuri and says, "Strange that we haven't run into anyone." Chakkuri looks at Hansuke, then nods. Just then they hear rustling. Fatso and the other perv comes out of nowhere. "Who the freak are you?" Chakkuri asks the two unfamiliar people. "Does it matter? All I know is that I am going find those two friends of yours, and I'm gonna smash their skulls!" The fat one says, then thoughtfully adds, "Well, not literally..." The smaller one then looks at Hansuke. "I'll take this one," He says, still eyeing Hansuke. He dashes forward, but Hansuke dodges quickly. "Is it because I look weak?" Hansuke then delivers a punch to his stomach. "Nah, man. It is because I, Yoshi Nakayama, has always dreamed of fighting you, Hansuke Takahashi." Yoshi thrusts his arms in front of him, pushing Hansuke back. Quickly, Yoshi dashes behind him, and kicks him down. Hansuke gets back up, and whistles. A moment later, his green jacket is floating to him. Hansuke punches his fists together, and a pair of shadow gauntlets materialized onto his hands.