The Beginning, Part 2

"How could it be?!", Daz's voice sounded shocked. I looked at him, confused. "'How could what be?' We've just started the real fight." Daz glared at me, "Not that, a jacket lead character." I looked around, then asked, "What?" He pointed at me. "I am not a jacke-," I looked down. "Right," He was talking about the grey jacket. "Oh, this thing? It is just a jacket.", "I am not just a jacket, young one." The deep voice, once again. That was the jacket, I thought. "What is your name?" I asked the jacket. "Young master, you have to name me, for I have no name," the jacket's voice boomed out. "First of all, who are you calling master? It sounds gay. Second of all, 'for I have no name'? Sounds like you are from a fairytale, or something," I asked, stating what it sounds like, as you can see. I looked at Daz , who was looking at me sideways. "You know, if I were normal, I would ask 'Why are you talking to a jacket?' But I am not normal so... yeah." I started to wave my sword in the air. "Should we continue fighting?", I asked. "Sure, if that is okay with you." Daz shrugged. "I was the one who asked, so of course!" I scoffed. I was about to jump at Daz when someone said, "Wait," I turned to see Chakkuri scratching his head. A girl was also looking at me, confused.

Chakkuri started, "How are you doing this? Both of you, tell me!" I looked at Chakkuri, then scratched my head. "What?" I was confused. "How could you keep this from the whole class this entire time?" Chakkuri scolded. "Kage? Daz? Tell me! Did you know about this power the entire time you were here?" I scratched harder. "I don't know what you mean. I just now met this jacket." I said, confused. "Do you mean bought, right? Maybe you mean the jacket is a living thing... Meh, too unrealistic." Chakkuri's eyes darted from my face, to the jacket, then back. "If you want to tell them, you should think of a way to get them outside," The jacket whispered. "Maybe we should take a break from fighting. Tie?" Daz said, looking at me. "Yeah, sure. How about this: Want to be friends?" I asked. "Sure," Daz replied.

"Hey, Chakkuri, want to go out sometime? That sounded gay, but I mean to find out more about my jacket," I asked, then sat down in a chair. Chakkuri agreed and went to get his stuff. A few seconds later, the bell rung and everyone was pouring out of the classroom. "Daz. Kage. Great job presenting today. You both get A's... well, Kage, let's just say, um, B." Mr. Sutekina said. Daz levitated some pencils and pointed them at Mr. Sutekina. "It isn't fair to give Kage a B when he did just the same amount of work as me. He deserves an A, just like me." Daz let the pencils fall, then walked out with me. "Can I come with you on your date with Chakkuri?" Daz asked. "It isn't a date. He might be gay, you are most definitely gay, but I am not," I said, eyes closed. Daz was about to say something when the girl who was looking at me confused came over to ask me something. "May I, um, come with you when you meet Chakkuri? I also have, um, questions," the girl asked, blushing. "Sure, as long as you don't get in my way," I reply patting her head.

  I still walked home the same speed I was when I was talking to Daz, who was now walking behind me, looking in amazement at everything around him. The girl was also behind me, looking at Daz and blushing. "We are here," I said, involuntarily. "Why were you guys following me? Don't you know something called privacy?" Daz looked at me, confused. "You told us to follow you," Daz said scratching his head. "Well I don't remember," I protested, and started scratching my head. "You really did tell us to follow you... didn't you?" The girl said and started scratching her head too. Ten minutes passed and we were still scratching our heads. "Why are you still scratching your heads? You got lice?" I said, quickly pulling my hand from my head. 

 "Well I recorded the conversation, if you want to hear it," the girl said, waving a voice recorder in her hand. "Geez, you most definitely don't know anything about privacy!" I cried, backing away from her and almost tripping on a rock. Daz looked at the gadget in the girl's hand. "How'd you even get that? Why do you have that?" Daz asked, wide eyed. "I use the recordings to prove I wasn't lying about things... and stuff." The girl said. "How about a name? I'm tired of calling you 'the girl' all the time," I said. "Oh, right. My name. I'll tell you in just a moment," she said, looking in her bag. "Why do you need to look in your bag to tell me your name? Did you forget?" I asked, looking at her suspiciously. "No I, um... gum," She said, waving a piece of gum in the air. "Name?" I asked again, certain she would tell me. "Right, name... Hiroko, call me Hiroko," she said, twirling her hair. "Where did your ponytail go?" Hiroko asked, pointing at where my ponytail was. "What? My ponytail is still there... Oh," I felt the back of my head and realized... I didn't have a ponytail anymore. "Sorry, that was me," said Daz. I looked at Daz, accepting what he did. "It's okay! People thought I was gay because of it anyways," I said waving my hands. "This chapter sure does have a lot of waving stuff in the air...," Daz claimed, "A lot"

I walked into my house and my mom was making dinner. "Mom, I have to go meet someone at the new restaurant in a few minutes. Plus, we will have a few visitors until then, so um, hope you don't mind," I told her. I motioned for Daz and Hiroko to come in, "Make yourself at home." I said, sitting in a random chair that was close to me.

Daz walked in and almost made a beeline for the remote. "Um, Kage?" Daz asked. "Yes?" I replied. "May I watch on your television?", "Sure," I answered, "As long as you don't break it." I was about to pick up a piece of paper when Daz asked, "Do you have any video games?" "Yes. In my room," I said "First room on the right when you first enter the hall." Daz looked at the hallway then back at me. "What do you want? I told you where my room is," I said, irritated. "I don't want to go into your room when you aren't in it, too," Daz said. Just then, an alarm went off. "Well, time to meet Chakkuri," I said, grabbing my bags. Daz stood up with me and stretched. "Time for your date with Chakkuri," Daz said, chuckling. I was about to walk out the door when my mom said, "Wait, aren't you forgetting someone? Your friend Hiroko is quite charming... can we keep her?" I looked at mom. "Keep her? Are her parents okay with that?" I asked. "Um... her parents are dead," Mom said. "Is that true?" I asked Hiroko. "It is true," Hiroko replied. "Your choice, mom. She isn't my friend," I said, and started back towards the door. "Oh, I was supposed to go with Kage," I heard Hiroko tell mom. "Have fun, Hiroko and Kage... Oh! And whoever you are!" Mom yelled. "My name is Daz!" Daz yelled back. Twenty minutes passed, and we arrived at the spot we were supposed to meet Chakkuri. Chakkuri sees us and waves us to a booth. "So, about the jacket, how'd you get it?" Chakkuri asked, motioning towards the jacket. "I think we should save that question for last and start with who got their powers first," I said, pointing at Daz. Chakkuri, Hiroko and I were looking at Daz expectantly. A whole minute passed when he finally noticed we were staring at him.

"What?" Daz asked, digging in his nose. Finally, I tell him what we were looking at him for. "Oh. Why were you staring at me then" Daz asked. Chakkuri, Hiroko and I face palmed. I tell him again. "Right, Here it goes. I was at my house when I saw something I wasn't supposed to see. I walked into my parent's room to get some water, when I saw my dad killing my mom!" Daz said, "I was so scared, I didn't know that he had the guts to kill her, but looking at the tv screen showed that he did. I didn't even know that my mom played video games in the first place. My dad saw me from the corner of his eye and turned so fast, he could've broken his neck. Then he said, 'Don't worry, little Daz. We are only bonding a little' letting out a scary laugh, his character covered in blood. I closed my eyes and concentrated and a bunch of stuff started floating. 'Let me play,' I said opening my eyes, and closed them again to concentrate and levitated the controller, bringing it towards me. 'I will avenge you,' I told mom, who looked at me confused. That is pretty much it," Daz finished up his story. "Aw haw haw. That *sniff* was the saddest story I've ever heard." I cried, and when I saw everyone looking at me, I stopped, cleared my throat and "fixed my tie"(Wasn't wearing one). A random man was still looking at me concerned as he walked by. "That sounds like you knew that you had the powers," Chakkuri stated, "Plus, that whole story sounded like a two year old wrote it.", "That is what happened" Daz protested. "Whatever. I knew we couldn't rely on this guy anyways," Chakkuri said. "Kage, may we listen to your story?" Hiroko asked. I looked at her, nodding my head. "To be honest, I didn't even have this jacket before, and it seems he is the one who is making it to where I can use my powers," I explained. "'He'? The jacket is a living thing?" Chakkuri asked. "Look. I don't know, maybe we can get him to explain," I claimed. The jacket's zipper unzipped. One by one the sleeves of the jacket slid off my arm. The jacket flew over to Chakkuri, Hiroko and Daz, sliding into an empty spot. "I am a living thing. I was made by the Master Shadow, so you could be special," the jacket explained. The three of them looked at me, wide eyed. I did the same to them. I really couldn't take the fact that the jacket chose me, that I was special. "Wait, if I was chosen, and I'm the 'special one', doesn't that make this story kinda generic?" I asked the group, and they all replied with something along the lines of: "Now that I think of it..." "So that means that now we can skip this childish writing, right?" Chakkuri asked, "because this doesn't seem like an experienced writer wrote any of this."