The Tournament, Part 1

The day of the tournament...

 They were called in for another meeting in the theater. This time, Tatsuo had opened up a portal. "All of you shadow realm losers, enter the portal. First, the spectators, then the actual team members. Spectators first have to get wristbands from that stand over there, The rest of us will wait..." Tatsuo stands impatiently, waiting for the spectators to get their wrist bands. After about three minutes, It seems that all of the contestants got their wrist bands, and went through the portal. "Alright, Now all of you shadow contestant losers, step through the portal. My team is already waiting in the arena, and Yoshiro, the Shadow Master, his wife, and Rika are in the front row seats, so they get to see all  of the action," Tastuo says, then laughs.

 "Now, step through the portal... You first, Kage," Tatsuo says, pointing at Kage. Kage walks up to the portal, and Tatsou throws him into the air, before kicking him into the portal. "Next, you, girly boy." This time, he was pointing at Daz. He then grabs Daz by the wrists, and throws him through the portal. "Alright, now Hansuke." Hansuke walks over to the portal. Tatsuo grabs him, them throws him to the other side on the stage. Faster than lightning, he zooms towards Hansuke, lifts his up into the air by his hair, and drop kicks him through the portal. "Now, the rest of you," Tatsuo says, letting the rest of the group through the portal, unharmed. He then jumps through the portal, closing it behind him.

 Cold. Is this grass that I feel?  Kage gets up, and looks around. What the heck? Kage sees that he is in a vast forest, and the sounds of combat can be heard in the distance. Combat? Oh, right... the tournament. Kage starts to walk towards the noise. As he staggers towards the noise, Kage hears leaves rustling. Kage then hears a voice. "Hey, don't you dare try to run away from me. You better glad I waited until you woke up." The voice sounds familiar. Right, it must be that loser Katsu... Kage turns around,  and sure enough, Katsu was standing there. "Don't you  think that your team got a head start? Tatsuo beat us up before throwing us through the portal. Isn't that cheating?" Kage glared at Katsu, who started to chuckle. "Kage, you fool. This is Tatsuo's tournament. He makes up the rules, plus even if he didn't tell you the rules, he also didn't say that we can't get a head start. You definitely could have given me a couple of bumps and bruises before the tournament started." Katsu is laughing like crazy now, causing Kage to get annoyed. "So what you are saying right now, is that you had already gone through the portal before us because you didn't want us to try and get a head start?" Kage said, then turns to walk away, before saying, "What your team did seems cowardly... so that is why I won't fight you."

 Kage starts to walk to where he first heard the combat sounds, then realizes that Katsu wasn't stopping him. Kage turns around and sees Katsu just sitting there, glaring at him. Whatever. Kage continues walking towards the other battle. Once Kage gets to the scene, he finds that it is Daz and Shika fighting with some tall dude with a mask on. The masked man sees Kage, then attacks him. "Kage!" Daz yells, levitating some rocks. He launches them towards the masked man, then rushes to Kage. "It's okay, Daz. I dodged the attack." Kage Looks at the masked man, who's attention was drawn to something or someone other than them. Kage followed the man's stare to whatever he was staring. Kage sees Shika, then looks back at the man. The man had his hand outstretched, and light was gathering around the tips of his fingers.

 Kage quickly leaps up, then runs over to Shika. Kage pushes her out of the way, just in time to make sure the beam of light didn't hit her. Kage pulled his sword out of his hand, the tried to block the attack. The beam just goes straight through the  sword, and hits Kage. Crap. If I didn't have the clothes that Takagi gave me, I would probably have a hole in my chest. Kage lunges at the masked man, who was getting another beam ready. Daz flung a few more rocks at the guy. The man's attention was drawn to Daz, making Kage able to grab the guy, and fling him down. The guy's head hits a big rock, knocking him out. Just then, Daz ran over to Kage, accompanied by Shika. "Aren't you supposed to be fighting Katsu?" Daz asks Kage. "I just... walked away. All he did was glare at me," Was Kage's answer.