Best Friend Zone

Your Pov:

I sat in class, tapping my pencil against the desk. Phoenix sat next to me curiously scribbling notes into his notebook. We were both studying to be lawyers, but Phoenix was more attentive than I was when it came to our classes. I also really liked him, but he was so oblivious to everything. He even put me in the friend zone because of how oblivious he was.

I heard his scribbling stop and turned to look at him. He was looking at something. I followed his gaze and found him looking at the new girl in our class. Her name was Dahlia Hawthorne. She had cherry red hair pinned up in two crown braids and bright brown eyes. Every guy loved her and every girl wanted to be her.

Except me.

I knew that Phoenix was a sensitive person and I knew that she would break his heart if they ever got together. I nudged Phoenix and he snapped out of his stupor. He went back to scribbling down notes. The bell was going to ring so I started packing up my stuff. Soon enough, the bell rang. I grabbed my bag and turned to Phoenix, but he wasn't there. I looked around, and sure enough, he was talking with Dahlia.

I huffed and left the classroom. I made my way to the cafeteria for lunch. I grabbed a cheap sandwich and headed outside. I found a bench under a nice tree and sat down. I worked on some classwork as I ate and listened to some music. I heard a giggle and looked up. Across the way, Phoenix was sitting under another tree with Dahlia. She kissed him on the cheek and he blushed. The pencil I was holding clattered on the ground.

I bent down to pick it up and heard Phoenix calling me, "(Y/n)! (Y/n)!" I looked up and Phoenix was coming over to me with Dahlia. I faked a smile, "What's up, Phoenix?" He smiled widely, "I wanted you to meet my girlfriend, Dahlia. Since you're my best friend." My heart shattered.

I'm in the friend zone once again.

I nodded, "That's great Phoenix! I'm happy for you." He smiled again and said goodbye before leaving with Dahlia. I grabbed my stuff and went back to my dorm since I was done with classes for the day. Today was garbage. My heart feels like it was stomped on and torn to shreds.

I grabbed my phone and opened up my gallery. Rows of pictures of Phoenix and I filled up the screen. Some were from the carnival we went to last year. Others were from various parties we went to during school breaks. My favorite picture was of Phoenix and I at the pet store. He was holding a puppy and laughing as it licked his face. I loved that picture.

I turned off my phone and turned on the tv. Titanic was on, so I grabbed some snacks and settled down.

In the middle of the movie, my phone rang. I looked at the caller id. It was Phoenix. I answered it, "Hello?" Phoenix's voice came through, "Hey, (Y/n)! Dollie and I were gonna go bowling. Do you want to come?" I coughed loudly and spoke, "I'm not feeling too well, Phoenix. Maybe another time, ok?" He spoke, "That sucks. Well, if you need anything, let me know." I sighed, "Ok. Thanks."

I hung up the phone and put it on my nightstand. I turned of the tv and grabbed my blanket. I covered up and closed my eyes, falling asleep.