Wisdom

Your Pov:

Unfortunately, we couldn't get anything out of Iris with Ms. Von Karma around. I looked at Phoenix, "You go on ahead. I'll catch up." He nodded, "Alright. Be careful." I smiled, "I will." I waited until Ms. Von Karma stepped out to speak to Iris.

"Do you remember me, Iris?"

She looked at me, her demeanor somehow darker than before, "How could I forget?" I sighed, "I know, I just needed some time." She gestured to the gravy covered scroll, "You know. Elise Deauxnim...you know because you have all the answers." I frowned, "I know, but how can I admit it without ruining what he thinks of me?" She shrugged, "I'm not sure, but that's for you to decide."

I left the temple, but turned left and trekked into the small forest. I continued for a few minutes before stopping and sitting against a tree. I brought my knees to my chest and rested my chin on them. I started to hum slightly, absentmindedly singing.

"And I don't want the world to see me cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken...I just want you to know who I am."

Memories flashed through my mind. Flashes of my mother followed by the voice of my father. Somewhere in the mountains and in the snow.

Three female voices.

"And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming. Or the moment of truth in your lies. When everything feels like the movies. Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive..."

Some memories were blurred while others were blank spaces of nothingness. I stood up, my head spinning as I got to my feet. I often had episodes like this. But they rarely bothered me anymore. They just made me more sad than anything.

I turned and started walking back the way I came. I walked much slower, my feet kicking up snow here and there. As I continued, I felt my foot kick something hard. I stopped and bent down, clearing the snow out. On the ground was a white magatama.

 On the ground was a white magatama

I examined it. There was no string attached to it, but it was in pristine condition. I put my hand in my jacket and fished out some yarn I always carried on me. I put the magatama on the string and put the yarn away. I clasped the magatama in my hands and closed my eyes.

I focused intently, tuning out all of the sounds around me and putting all of my energy into focusing. After a few more minutes, I opened my eyes and let out a breath. It was so cold that my breath ended up fogging up.

I unclasped my hands and looked at the magatama.

It was now glowing a bright green.