Troubling

A/N: I decided to do a time skip. Phoenix is now out of the hospital, the earthquake has happened, and you and Phoenix are on your way to talk to Sister Bikini.

Your Pov:

We trudged through the snow in silence. I continually checked Phoenix's face for any signs of discomfort, but he seemed fine. We stepped inside the main temple, sighing in relief at the warmth. Sister Bikini was catching her breath as she sat. We approached her. Phoenix spoke to her about the Kurain Channeling Technique.

After a while, Sister Bikini began to explain, "There is only one heir to the title of 'Master' at any time, and it's usually the eldest. That child becomes the new Master of Kurain, and her daughters, the main family. All other mediums become branch family members, with no hope of controlling the clan. That's why nothing has changed throughout the history of the clan...Branch families always have and always will plot to erase those of the main family line."

I bit my lip, holding my arm as I listened. They spoke a bit more, before Phoenix brought up Iris. Bikini sighed, "I suppose if you know about Mystic Morgan's daughter...then you must've already realized that Iris...is Mystic Morgan's daughter..." Phoenix jumped, "Iris is what?!" They spoke more as Phoenix spoke about Pearls. Sister Bikini seemed distressed as she voices her thoughts to us.

"I see. So I've been wrong all this time. Mystic Morgan had four daughters, not two." Phoenix rose a brow, "F-Four?" She nodded, "Yes. Iris, her twin sister, her younger sister, and Mystic Pearl." Phoenix hesitated, "T-Twin sister and a younger sister?"

Sister Bikini rose a brow, "Oh, didn't you know? It all happened twenty years ago... After the clan leadership was taken from her by her sister, Mystic Morgan's life crumbled. It wasn't many years later that Kurain's reputation hit an all-time low. When Mystic Morgan's husband realized his wife would never become the Master...he left her and the village, taking three of their daughters with him." I turned my head, tensing.

Phoenix spoke up, "Um, could you tell me one more thing, Sister Bikini? What was the name of Iris's twin sister and younger sister?" Sister Bikini shook her head, "I don't really remember. All I know is that their father was a jeweler."

After that, we headed towards the inner temple and it's garden. We eventually found Edgeworth investigating there. Phoenix started asking him about Dahlia. Edgeworth sighed, "There is no need. Like I said, Dahlia isn't connected with this case." I looked at him, analyzing his face for any signs of a lie. Phoenix paused.

"What?"

Edgeworth continued, "It's simple. Dahlia Hawthorne is dead."

My heart dropped into my stomach at his words. I watched as Phoenix questioned him more, "What do you mean by, 'Dahlia Hawthorne is dead', Edgeworth!?" Edgeworth looked at him, "...I only just discovered this, Wright, but...I never knew about the murder case you were involved in during your college years..."

He continued, "It's been six years since that guilty verdict was handed down...and her sentence was finally carried out. She was executed...last month." I felt my stomach drop as I nearly choked on nothing. I knew that would be the outcome for her, but I didn't like to think about it.

After that, I knew what we had to do.

Question Iris in the inner temple.