Forget Him

A/N: Proceed with caution! This was written at 3 AM after drinking a lot of energy drinks.

Your Pov:

I sat in my dorm, trying to understand what I just saw. I sighed and decided to forget about it. It was probably nothing. I grabbed my phone and read through my emails. I had just gotten one from my choir director.

It was a reminder for the upcoming choir concert. I had totally forgotten about it since the whole thing with Phoenix. The choir was going to do a rendition of Forget You by Cee Lo Green. I turned on the music and went over the routine. After a while, I took a break and turned on the tv. The news channel came up. They were doing a story on the murder. I flipped the channel, and settled on watching a random movie that just came on.

Two days later...

Today was the day of the choir concert. We had changed some of the lyrics up to make it fit with the routine. I was standing with the rest of the group behind the curtain. Our costume consisted of black leggings, red glitter tops, and red flats with black bows. The group on stage finished and we headed on. I got in my position at the front of the group and waited for the music to start. The lights turned on and the music started. I looked up and sung.

I see you driving round town with the guy I love! And I'm like forget you! I guess the change in my person wasn't enough! I'm like forget you and forget him too!

I spotted Dahlia in the crowd. I was confused. She never came to any choir concerts. I tried to ignore it and continue on with the routine.

Said, if I was like her, I'd still be with you! Ha, now ain't that some sh...And although there's pain in my chest, I still wish you the best with a forget you!

I chose this song for a reason, but since Phoenix wasn't here to hear it, it was kind of a waste. I mean, I still get to sing a song that pretty much describes my feelings, but still. I wanted to see the look on his face.

Yeah I'm sorry, I'm a burden to carry. But that don't mean I can't be right there. I guess she's an angel and I'm more sorry! But the way you play this game ain't fair!

I knew that Phoenix could never love me the way he loved Dahlia. I was probably just a burden to him. I mean, who wants a clingy best friend when they already have a girlfriend? I felt played at the same time though. He would make these gestures or do these actions that made me think he liked me. Then, he comes in with this new girl and she's his girlfriend.

I pity the fool that falls in love with you! Well, I've got some news for you! Yeah, go run and tell your little girlfriend!

Now I know, that I had to borrow! Beg and steal and lie and cheat! Trying to keep you, trying to please you! 'Cause being in love with your face ain't neat!

Said, if I was like her, I'd still be with you! Ha, now ain't that some sh...And although there's pain in my chest, I still wish you the best with a forget you!

We finished and the audience clapped. We bowed and made our way off stage. After the concert, I went back to my dorm and changed into some regular clothes. The news was broadcasting Phoenix's trial. I had the tv on and I was watching it. Dahlia was testifying today. When she walked in, the judge and the prosecutor went slack-jawed. I rolled my eyes. With her testifying, this trial was going to be anything but normal.