Did You Do It?

Your Pov:

I woke up a couple hours later and checked my phone. I had a bunch of texts and missed calls from one of my friends. I opened my texts and read them. They said:

OMG! You need to get over to the pharmaceutical department now!

Someone's dead! The cops said it's a murder!

They arrested Phoenix!

I dropped my phone in shock. I threw on better clothes and ran out the door. I made my way to the pharmaceutical department where dozens of police officers buzzed around. One of the electrical cables was hanging towards the ground. As I looked around, I noticed Dahlia talking to two police officers. She was crying, but as soon as the officers walked away, she stopped.

As I got closer, I noticed a body on the ground. It was that of Doug Swallow. I didn't really know him, but I knew that Phoenix kind of did. I went up to one of the officers, "Excuse me, sir, what happened here?" The officer turned to me, "You a student here, pal?" I nodded, "Yes. I am." He continued, "I can't say much, but another student was murdered. He was electrocuted. We arrested Phoenix Wright." I nodded, "A-Alright. Thank you." I left the campus and went to the detention center. Luckily, Phoenix was out of questioning, so I was able to see him.

I was brought to the visitation room. There was a chair and a table, but a glass window separated the two sides. I sat down and waited. Soon enough, the door on the other side opened and Phoenix came in. He was wearing a medical mask. He sat down and looked at me, "(Y/n)!" I looked at him, "What happened Phoenix? Everyone's saying you killed Doug Swallow!" He frantically shook his head, "No! I didn't do it! I didn't kill him!"

He started sneezing a lot. I tilted my head, "Are you sick?" He nodded, "Yeah, but it's just a common cold." We talked a bit more before I decided to ask the dreaded question. I looked at him, "Phoenix, tell me the truth. Did you kill him?" His eyes widened, "I didn't kill him. We were talking and when when I left, he was alive." I sighed in relief. Then, he asked me, "How is Dahlia? I heard the detectives talking about questioning her!"

I sighed, "She's fine. They did question her. I saw them." He nodded, "Alright.I just wanted to know if my dollie was ok." I nodded and spoke, "Do you have an attorney yet?" He smiled, "Yeah. An attorney named Mia decided to take my case." I tapped my nails on the table, "Do you need me to do anything for you? I'm here for you, you know?" He rubbed his arm, "Do you think you can keep dollie company for me? She's probably lonely." I internally groaned and nodded, "Sure. I'll come visit you again, ok?" After that, we said our goodbyes and I headed back to the campus. I went to Dahlia's dorm and found the door unlocked.

I quietly opened it and stepped inside. As I walked further in, I heard a noise coming from the bathroom. As I got closer, I could see Dahlia's reflection in the mirror. However, her hair was black instead of red. Her hair was out of its two braids and she had gloves on. She lifted a bottle of something to her hair. As she lifted it, I could see that it was hair dye remover. I could tell that the hair dye had been in for only a short amount of time (presumably 1 or 2 hours) as it came out rather easily. This confused me. Why would she go to her classes with one hair color, dye it black and keep it that way for 1 or 2 hours, and then take it out? It made no sense to me.

I quietly ran out of her dorm and went back to mine. What had I just seen? Was she trying to hide something from someone?