True Colors

Your Pov:

After waiting anxiously for another 20 minutes, the trial resumed. The defense attorney had thrown the idea of 'the real killer' into the mix, causing an uproar in the courtroom. She spoke, "Even you can't deny that the time between the cable breaking and the electrocution...are completely unaccounted for!"

The prosecutor jumped, "Th-Then who was it!? Who else are you saying could've done it!?" The defense attorney looked determined, "There's only one person who could have murdered Mr. Swallow. Only after my client had left the scene...was there a window of opportunity for the real killer!" The judge spoke up.

"Ms. Fey. Is the defense ready to indict someone as this "real killer"?" She nodded, "Yes, Your Honor. We are ready." The judge hmm'd, "Very well. But remember! If you accuse the wrong person, you will be penalized. Think very carefully before you speak, Ms. Fey. Now then, Ms. Fey. Let's have it. Who is the "real killer"!?"

I sat there, hoping she would indict that little witch at the stand. Dahlia was not innocent in all of this. I knew that since the beginning.

The defense attorney spoke, "It could only have been you, Dahlia Hawthorne!" I smirked as Dahlia flinched back, sweat accumulating on her forehead, "Waaaaah! H-How... H-How can you...!" I groaned as the prosecutor objected again.

He spoke, "Th-The defense is grasping at straws!"

I scoffed, "Grasping my left foot!"

The defense attorney continued, "Ten minutes passed between the time the cable broke and the time of the electrocution! What exactly were you doing that whole time, Ms. Hawthorne? Were you really listening to some music while "cheering them both on" as they fought? I find it hard to believe that you didn't lift a finger to stop the men "dearest" to you!"

The judge banged his gavel, "Order! Order! Ms. Fey! Wh-What... I mean, why...That is to say..." The defense attorney kept going, "Ms. Hawthorne! I believe you did witness the two men fighting on that day. However! After Mr. Wright pushed the victim, and subsequently left the scene... ...it was YOU who pushed Mr. Swallow to his death by your very own hands!"

Dahlia flinched again, "AAAAAAAAHHH!!! H-How can you say something so mean, Madame Fey...! I... I didn't do anything...!" The judge spoke up, "Ms. Fey! This is a very serious charge you are-!"

He was cut off by none other than...

Phoenix.

"Your Honor! P-Please, I have something I want to say!" He sneezed. The judge was clearly confused, "Y-Y-You! Wh-What is it!?"

Then Phoenix said something that shattered my heart into pieces.

"Please...Please strike everything the defense said just now from the record!"

I shook my head, "No, Phoenix! Don't!"

The defense attorney's jaw dropped, "What the...!? Are you daft!?" Phoenix spoke, "You're totally wrong, Miss Fey! Dollie...She...She couldn't do something like that!" The judge quickly had him taken back to his seat. Then, the whole trial was flipped on it's head. The defense attorney brought up a case from 8 months ago that Dahlia was supposedly involved in. It took place in the courthouse and Phoenix told me that was where they met. Then, everything fell into place.

Dahlia tried to get away by stating the obvious, "The amount of poison in the coffee was 2 teaspoons, correct? In order to carry that much liquid... you would need some kind of container."

Then the defense attorney presented that damn necklace, or rather, a photo of it.

"You were forced to get rid of the container in a hurry, weren't you? And that's why you passed it on to someone that had nothing to do with the case! Someone that you knew wouldn't be searched!"

Dahlia flinched twice as hard.

The prosecutor spoke, "So the defendant was the witness's accomplice?"

Then, she brought up Phoenix, "Of course not. She gave the poison to him disguised as... a present." Dahlia shook her head, "Wh-What...!? B-But... But that's...!" The defense attorney continued, "The day that the witness met and fell for Mr. Phoenix Wright was eight months ago... August 27th. The very same day as the poisoning incident. Under the pretense of love, the witness gave my client a present. All for the purpose of hiding the one piece of evidence that would give her away!" The judge looked at her.

"Whaaat!? Are you saying there's a deadly poison in here!?"

The defense attorney shook her head, "No, there's no longer any poison in that bottle. However! I'm certain if the crime lab were to analyze it, they would find a trace amount!" Dahlia shook her head, "NOOOOO!"

Phoenix took the stand, trying to defend her again. He even said he loved her, which turned my already broken heart to dust. Then, after the defense attorney broke the truth to him about how Dahlia never loved him, he ran out of the court room.

The channel cut, then went to a technical difficulties screen.