black polish

authors note important below.

The rain poured loudly this morning, the light still swept into my room, waking me from my sleep.

I went over to my closet and threw on my robe. As I do not wear much but a silk gown to bed, there was such a need for a robe. I opened the door to my room, and was met by the tall figure, as if he was about to knock at me door.

"Hey baby girl," He sighed and grinned a small smile. "Uh, do you have any black nail polish? I chipped my nails." He stutters out a laugh. "I mean, I can come back later and get it, I know it's early."

"It's cool, dude." I open the door completely, and let him sit on my bed. I go into my desk drawer rummage through my makeup and jewelry, eventually finding the small black bottle. "Not many guys maintain their nail polish like chicks. But then again, not every guy wears makeup and do their nails."

"Yeah, well as Vince once said, just because we wear lipstick, doesn't mean we can't kick your ass."

I let out a breathy laugh, and hand him the fingernail polish. "You're going to the funeral, right?"

"Of course. Why?"

"Well, you didn't go to your mother's." Ouch. "I don't know if grandpa was important enough to you." I drop into my bed and stare at Tommy's back as he paints his nails.

"It was a hard time Tommy. I was mad, I don't know." I sigh, "I mean, it wasn't like she was going to apologize to any of us. She only focused on herself. She didn't want me, remember?"

"Well, someone wants you. And don't forget that babe."

"Lee, don't you think that was pressured on him? I was going to be an orphan if he decided to be reckless like my mom." Tommy then lays down next to me and searches for my eyes.

"There's a difference between your mom and dad, there's a difference between wanting a love too. Wouldn't I know." He scoffs, referring to him being in various relationships his whole life. "Not everyone is going to find the right one, but that's just the way shit goes. Your mother was a bitch for leaving such an incredible girl." He pokes my chest and I couldn't stop the smile forming on my face. "And you wouldn't be such an incredible girl if she wouldn't have left, right?"

I sat there for a few seconds, giving him a scolding look, his light brown eyes found mine, his hair falling against his face. "You know I hate when you're right punk ass." I shove him and sit back up.

"What can I say? I know some shit." He shrugs and blows on his nails. "Do they look good?" He questions, putting his large hand on my bare thigh. I nearly stopped breathing for that split second, but I played it off, examining his black nails.

"Good enough." I stand up and walk to my closet, reaching down to grab my slippers.

"You're very organized and talented. You really know what you're doing, huh?"

"I matured quick, I had to." I shrug and slide on my house shoes.

"Mature, hm?" He uses his arms to kneel back onto my messy bed. I walk over and fold back the comforter, and straighten it out. "So you're having sex now, mature lady?"