moans and groans

Filler chapter
Graduation day; a day I never thought to come. But here we are, taking photos after the ceremony. I was officially a graduate.

"Tommy!" My dad yelled, looking behind me. It took all I had to not turn around, so I started making my way to Cameron, who was taking photos of my father and I.

"Wanna get out of here?" I ask the impatience in my voice jumping out.

"Uhm, yeah, after I introduce myself to Heather fucking Locklear," Cameron says and hands me the camera before walking away.

I turn around, finally. Heather and Tommy were engulfed in a conversation that Cameron and my father had started. I couldn't help but stare at Heather. Her perfect blonde hair, perfect complexion. It wasn't me. It wasn't anything like me.

"Hey, baby girl," Tommy says, snapping me out of my trance of thoughts. His tall figure stood in front of me.

"Hey." My voice cracks, I wonder my eyes everywhere else, ignoring his stare on me.

"Do you wanna talk about anything?" He asks, obviously speaking about the night I called him. I shake my head and kept my mouth shut. He sighs loudly, "well, I'm sorry. She is my wife you know. She'll get suspicious."

"Thomas, we aren't together. I overreacted. There will never be an us. You will love your wife respectfully and loyally. This-" I point between him and me, "was a stupid mistake that's now over." I shove past him and walk up to Cameron.

"Oh wow, you're so beautiful!" Heather says, taking me into a hug. I had to pretend I was happy and collected.

"Thank you! I love your hair." I complement back. She was much more beautiful in person, giving my choices even more of a reason to be labeled a mistake.

"Congrats on your graduation. The big wide world is ready for you now!" She says, cheering me on like I was five. I was faking the enthusiasm as she conversed with me, which I was not enjoying at all.

-
The party was small. I invited a few classmates, but they weren't showing up. Maybe if I told them Tommy Lee and Heather Locklear we're here, they would have came...

"My beautiful daughter, finally making her way to adulthood. To you my love." My father raises his glass of champagne and we all clink our glasses together.

The champagne tasted like trash, just so you know.

The party consumed of dancing and laughter, and overall I was having a good time. Though there was the elephant in the room, that only Tommy and I could feel. He stayed to himself, kissing and dancing with Heather. I danced with Cameron, but I knew he could tell I wasn't feeling this party.

He squeezed my hips, making me lose a train of thought, which was probably good he did that.

"Wanna go on that date now?"

"Uh, yeah. Let me go change." I say, releasing from his light grip.

"I'll go tell your dad we're leaving." I nod in response before making my way back upstairs.

For my own graduation present, I bought myself a nice outfit for my special date tonight. It was a red wrap dress with small floral prints. I matched it with a pair of white socks and my slip on vans. Fortunately, my hair and makeup were done.