Chapter One- Edited

(A/N Warning: some cussing but nothing much

(A/N Warning: some cussing but nothing much.)

I jolted at the sound of my phone ringing. I groan due the sun peeking through my curtain and caused me to curl deeper into my bed. Then my phone rang again, reminding me why I was awake in the first place. I groan and snatch my phone from my dresser. I hit the answer button and brought the phone up to my ear, eyes still close meaning I didn't look at the caller I.D.

"What?" I asked, harshly, angry at the person who woke me up before my alarm.

"Well, good morning to you too, Miss Rogers." I groan again when I realize who was on the other side of the call.

"What the hell do you want, Fury?" I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"I need you to get your brother and meet Agent Romanoff at HQ. You're needed for mission. Top priority." Fury ordered, causing me to roll my eyes and actually get up from bed.

"Understood." I said, hanging up and getting ready for the day ahead of me. Once I was prepared for the day, grabbed my keys and drove down to the Washington monument. I drove for about two more minutes when I found him talking to someone before pulling out his little note book to write something down. Once he put it away, I pulled up and rolled down the window. I smirked once they turned to me.

"Hey, fellas. Either one of you know where the Smithsonian is? I'm here to pick up a fossil." I joked as Steve walked to the car.

"You know, I'm not the only fossil." He joked back as he got in the car. His friend squatted down, eyeing the car and me.

"How you doing?" He asked, smirking at me. I smirk back.

"Hey." I respond, then turn my attention back to the front of me as Steve spoke to him.

"Can't run everywhere." Steve spoke, smiling at his friend. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"No, you can't." His friend responded. Steve rolled up his window as I began to drive off.

"Awe, look at you. Making friends." I say, laughing a little at the end of my sentence. He laughed and turned to me.

"I like this look. When did you choose this one?" He asked, examining my features. I shrugged and took a left turn.

"Few weeks ago. I actually chose this while on a mission to go undercover. I feel like this is one I would actually keep." I say, pulling up to HQ.

"As beautiful as you are now, Angie, I just wish you go back to your old self." He said, looking down at his hands as we pulled into the parking lot. I took a deep breath as I turned the car off.

"I can't, Steve. Every time I looked in the mirror and saw that reflection, all I wanted to see was him behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist. With that face, I was always sad. I'm tired of being sad, I want to have a happy life. I'm not ready to date but I ready to start having fun. Am I wrong for wanting that?" I asked, looking over to him to see him smiling kindly at me.