Chapter Thirteen- Edited

We were all riding on hover craft carriers, the quickest way to get to the defense shield. Nat, Steve and Bucky while Rhodey, Sam and I flew above them. Then there was Bruce who happened to get a hold of Tony's old Hulk buster armor.

"How we looking, Bruce?" Nat asked through the comms. I glance down to see Bruce actually keeping pace with the hover carriers. By the sound of it through the coms and the fact that I could feel it coming through the suit, Bruce was utterly delighted.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it." Bruce started but the suit flared up a bit, causing him to jump up a little. "Wow! It's like being the Hulk without actually-" Before Bruce could even finish his sentence, he tripped over a rock, completely falling to the ground as carriers flew by. I laughed out loud but I had to stop myself, remembering that this was a serous moment. "I'm okay. I'm okay." Bruce repeated, pulling of chunk of mud and grass out of the suit. I had a little bit more trouble holding back another laugh. I look down at Steve and Bucky to see them smiling up at me before facing the barrier again, turning serious.

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." Rhodey said. I looked towards the barrier and saw Proxima but the bigger one isn't one we've met yet Cull Obsidian. I looked through its mind and found out everything I could but something was strange. Both of their minds had small parts blocked off from my reach.

"Guys, something isn't right. They're hiding something and I definitely don't have enough time to try and break down those walls. So, keep an eye out from something out of the ordinary for an alien battle..." I trailed off, realizing that fighting aliens is already out of the ordinary for normal people. The carrier pilots swerve into U-turns, causing their craft to tilt and allowing the practiced soldiers to slide over one side into a run, never coming to a complete halt. A Dora Milaje shouts a command nearby as the last Wakandans join ranks.

"MAYEFA YA HU! MAYEFA YA HU! MAYEFA YA HU! MAYEFA YA HU! MAYEFA YA HU!" They chanted as I landed next to Steve and Bucky. I quickly learn the name of the Lord of the Jabari tribe which is M'Baku. T'Challa walked over to M'Baku and clasps wrist with him.

"Thank you for standing with us." T'Challa thanked. M'Baku nodded

"Of course, brother." M'Baku said in Xhosa. I now know how to speak the language which is actually going to be helpful for the girls. They'll need to practice learning languages like I do and I remember how difficult it was for me to figure out that I have this ability.

"Ulwimi olunothando." {Lovely language.} I say in Xhosa. Both T'Challa and M'Baku looked at me with confused stares.

"I didn't know you spoke Xhosa." T'Challa commented. I shrugged.

"I didn't. Not until you spoke it." I said, fixing my leather jacket, making sure that the vibranium scales Shuri was able underneath the leather which practically a smaller panther suit, were secure in place. I turn to M'Baku and T'Challa to see confused looks on their faces. I was about to explain more when Bucky cut me off.

"It's a part of her telepathy. If she can read your mind in your language, she can speak the language knowing it fluently. That's the best way I can describe it for you." Bucky stated, making sure his gun was loaded. I turn back to the other two and nodded.

"Why don't we go meet our friends at the barrier, huh?" I suggested to Steve and T'Challa. They both nodded and walked forward. I followed while Nat stayed behind with Bucky. I saw that Proxima was testing the strength of the barrier with her sword. She stopped when we were close enough. I looked around then back towards Proxima. "Where's your other friend?" I asked, giving a small smirk to her. She glared at me.

"You will pay for his life with yours." She threatened. I shrugged.

"We'll see." I say. Her glare hardened.