Chapter Twenty- Edited

Evangline

My vision was blurry but I knew I was surrounded by a couple of my daughters, Angel and Oracle and my husband, Bucky. Dahlia (Angel) and Violet (Oracle) help me stand to my feet while Dahlia healed my broken wing. I looked towards Bucky as I leaned against him for support. 

"What happened?" I asked, Violet gave me a look that concerned me. 

"Look around, Mom." Violet said, looking forward. I followed her gaze and stood straighter. Thanos's army was disintegrating like everyone else did like five years ago. I look back towards Thanos, who was slowing turning around, watching his army disappear. Thanos finally sits down as he mourns his loss before he disintegrates from our eyes. I sighed in relief. It's finally over. We won. 

           "Mr. Stark?" 

I turn towards Tony and gasp. He was collapsed against some debris, bleeding from the side of his facade his eye s somewhat distant. Rhodey flies down and walks up to Tony, giving him a gentle smile as he watched his friend and colleague begin to fade away. I walked up next to Pepper as Peter kneels in front of his mentor.

"Hey...Mr. Stark? Can you hear me? It's Peter. Hey. We won, Mr. Stark." Peter began as tears began to fill eyes. "We won, Mr. Stark. We won. You did it, sir. You did it." Peter, by now had tears flowing down his cheeks as he placed a hand on Tony's shoulder when Tony didn't respond. "I'm sorry, Tony." Peter said. It was the first time he had ever called him Tony. Pepper places her hand on Peter's shoulder before kneeling down beside him. Peter then stands up and walks over to Rhodey. I hear running footsteps and turn to see my second oldest, Jasmine aka Cyber, running towards us. Almost immediately upon seeing Tony, tears fall from her cheeks and she tries to rush to him but Bucky holds her back. She tries to escape from her father's grasp but to no avail. Not yet. She couldn't go to him yet. Pepper needed this as much as she did.

"Hey." Pepper says softly to Tony. It was almost a whisper. Tony smiles back. 

"Hey, Pep...." Tony said back in the same volume but his voice sounded more strained than hers. Pepper places her hand over Tony's arc reacted as she did a quick examination of his injuries. Very softly, Pepper asked F.R.I.D.A.Y. to read his injuries to which the artificial intelligence responded that his life functions were critical. Pepper took a deep breath before turning to face Jasmine. Bucky slowly lets her go, allowing her to rush towards him. He knows that in his absence that Tony was like a father to her. Tony grabbed a hold of Jasmine's hand and place his other hand over Pepper's. Tony smiles at both of them with tears in his eyes. Jasmine smiles back with teary eyes, doing her best to hold them back as best she could.

"Tony. Look at us. We're gonna be okay. You can rest now." Pepper said, making sure that Tony could see the smiles instead of the tears. Tony released a shaky breath before he goes limp. His arc reactor flickers off and his breathing finally ceased. I couldn't stop the tears from falling as I watched Pepper and Jasmine lean against him and sobbed. I had to hold Violet as I quietly cried. I glance over at my other daughters to see them doing their best to hold back their tears. But everyone knew. They were raised with everyone around here and lost two people they considered family in the same day. Since everyone was grieving, they all found one of my daughters and embraced them. Everyone needed to be embraced. 

Clint was able to return and reunite with his family. Peter went back to school and reunited with his friends Scott was finally able to relax with his daughter and Hope. T'Challa was back to ruling over Wakanda, the celebration was magnificent. Steve stayed in Wakanda while the girls, Bucky and I went back home in New York. As sad as it was, it felt good to be home with everyone. Except for today. Today was Tony's funeral and all of us were struggling to get moving. Who could blame us? We lost more family in one day than in all the time we have been together. It was a sad day. We needed to take three cars to get to the lake house. When we pulled up, Pepper walked outside to greet us, with little Morgan by her side. We got out the car and immediately pulled them in for hugs.