Chapter Sixteen- Edited

Once we made it to the compound, everyone went off to get everything ready for the first trial to time trial. For some reason, I seem to be the only one excited for these trails. Trials leads to progress and progress can lead to success. I was tasked with driving the van into the large lab and hooking everything up to Bruce's computers. I opened the back to the truck to reveal the Quantum tunnel as Steve and Nat stood next to Bruce while Scott finished suiting up.

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up the uhhh... van thing." Bruce asked, looking down at his calculations. I walked over to them.

"Quantum tunnel, Bruce." I said as I walked over to Bruce's right as Scott walked away to turn on the tunnel.

"Breakers are set emergency generators are on standby." Steve said, walking over to us and taking a place to my right.

"Good 'cause if we blow the grid, I don't wanna lose tiny here in the 1950's." Bruce said, pointing towards Scott as we all look towards as we all give him panicked looks.

"Excuse me?" Scott asked but Nat was quick with a response.

"He's kidding." She stated with a fake smile before looking up from the iPad to turn to Bruce whose back is facing Scott.

"Just... it was a bad joke." Bruce said, trying to make the situation better but his face made it seem like he wasn't kidding. Scott was a little unsure as he walked towards the quantum tunnel. Nat looked up to Bruce with a worried look.

"You were kidding, right?" She asked in a hushed tone. We were all worried. Bruce turned to her to whisper his response.

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." Bruce said, before turning to Scott with a fake smile plastered on his face and giving him a thumbs up. "We're good!" He said, loudly before turning back to the control board and pressing the necessary buttons. "Get your helmet on, Scott. I'm gonna send you back a week, let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in 10 seconds. Makes sense?" Bruce instructed.

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott said but his reaction said otherwise. Scott then turns to make way contact with my brother.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve encouraged. Scott smiled upon hearing these words.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." I thought Scott was going to say more when Bruce pressed the button, sending Scott though the Quantum tunnel. We all felt a little uneasy but waited patiently for Bruce to bring him back.

"On the count of three. 3... 2... 1!" Bruce counted down, hitting the button again only Scott didn't return. In his place as a teenager wearing the same equipment Scott was wearing.

"Uh, guys? This...this doesn't feel right." The kid said while we all looked towards Bruce in confusion and worry.

"What is this?" Steve asked. Bruce frantically looked down at the machinery in front of him.

"What's going on?" Bruce asked to no one in particular. Nat and I looked at each other in confusion.

"Who is that?" She asked. We all turn back to the boy as Bruce began pressing buttons to try and fix the problem. "Is that Scott?" Nat asked, turning to Bruce. The teen snapped at us.

"Yes, it's Scott!!!" We all turned back to him just as eh is sucked back into the tunnel. When Scott returns, he's no longer a teenager but an elderly man. "Ow! My back!" Scott exclaimed as he brought his hand to his lower back.

"What is this?" Steve asked, turning back to Bruce as we all were franticly turning between Bruce and Scott.

"Can u get a little space here?!?!" Bruce asked as we took a step away from and Steve walks to the other side of him.