Chapter Twenty One

When the weak morning sunlight poured through the window, Shannon was the one awake. She lay still a while gazing over the handsome face next to her with its high forehead, long straight nose and pouty curved lips. The fine hair so often in his eyes fell away in wisps and his long fine eyelashes flickered on the pale eyelids as he dreamt. They would have fair, fine haired, probably light eyed children with high foreheads, straight noses and perfect teeth. If they were to ever have children, which of course would never happen she thought bitterly.

She had completely underestimated the power of real reciprocated love and with each day that passed she found the idea of giving Remus up more and more absurd. If it were not for the fact that a child was to be born out of this man and Nymphadora Tonks, there would be no question that her plan would change and she would keep him for herself. As it was, she had no choice and if fate was what was meant to be, she would have to let him go otherwise it might happen in another way, which she could not bear to contemplate.

Not wanting to stew in her own mental hell any longer, she selfishly woke Remus up. “What is this? The Twilight Zone?” He asked smiling sleepily. Still days from a Full Moon and he was already starting to weaken noticeably; the shadows under his eyes a little deeper, the old scars across his face and neck a little darker.

“A werewolf asking me if we’re in The Twilight Zone, go figure.” She smirked playfully and turned his lips to hers.

“Cheeky” he answered with a laugh and looked out the window as clouds moved in bringing snow. “We should go get breakfast so we can open presents.” A grin spread across his tired face, the excitement of Christmas morning making him look much younger.

“I’m not gonna lie, I’m a little nervous about gifts, I didn’t have a lot of shopping opportunity and you’re hard to buy for, I could only get to Hogsmeade so you’ve probably already seen what you’re getting and I didn’t want to overdo it because I said no gifts but didn’t expect all this…” she waved an arm at the room “and now it’s not going to be enough.” She finished and frowned in worry.

“That’s silly; I’ll love whatever there is because it’s from you. Surely you know that that is how it works.” He teased but understood her fear since it was the same as his own. He stretched his long body and had to roll towards Shannon to get off of the futon. Pausing when she spread her legs to cradle his weight he said “well we could skip breakfast, I’ve suddenly had a much better idea” while grinding his pelvis into hers.

“Yes please” Shannon responded in kind and already had a dark pink flush travelling up her neck and face from her chest.

He lay there considering his options and was almost swayed into altering his course but finally pulled to his knees and then stood up while saying “I’m not letting you get away from opening presents that easy.” Then he held his hand out to help her up.

“Such a tease” she frowned again, mourning the loss of his body. “Maybe I’ll just stay here and take care of myself then, since you are so cruel.” Slowly her hand slid into her pants and she knew she had his rapt attention.

Remus stood frozen in fascination and shock once again in awe of her impropriety and confident sexuality. “No!” he finally choked out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her hand up and groaning when it came out wet and smelling heavily of her musky perfume. Eyes narrowed fiercely he added “no Shannon, do that and I will never make it out of this room.”

“You deserved that” she smiled innocently.

“Maybe I did but it was still unkind of you.” He scowled and pulled her up, surprising her with his strength. “Is it really… that easy for you?”