Chapter 5

*HARLEY'S POV*

MIT has been great so far. I mean we've only been here for a couple of days but my classes are pretty good, even though they're incredibly hard, even for me. I've even had to study. I don't ever have to study.

Anyway, me and Peter have formed a mini study group consisting of only me and him. We just sit on either of our beds facing each other and try to memorize formulas for quantum physics and such. He's the cutest when he's studying. He puts the tip of his pencil in his mouth when he's concentrating really hard. It's like he doesn't even realize he's doing it.

I just love to watch him. Not in a creepy way of course. In a loving way. Just how he moves and what he does. Like when I compliment him, his face lights up and he blushes faintly. Or when he wakes up in the morning and his hair is all messy and his voice is raspy. Or whenever he walks, he swings his lanyard around his fingers unknowingly, completely zoning out on the clink of his metal room key against his student I.D. Or whenever he sees me, his eyes twinkle and he smiles. The biggest grin.

Just the little things.

So want to know something funny? Apparently Tony actually pulled some strings to get me and Peter in the same room together. I just thought it was a complete coincidence but I guess not.

Thank God for Tony.

Do you know how awkward it would have been if I had somehow gotten roomed with a homophobic dude? I would've had to switch rooms. That was one of my main worries. So... yeah.

Peter's been talking to Conan a lot too.

Not that I'm jealous.

It's just weird, seeing him talk to his ex that much. I mean they are best friends. But still. He doesn't even talk to Ned as much as he talks to Conan. They FaceTime almost every night before we go to bed and he's ALWAYS on the phone with him walking around on campus.

Again, not that I'm jealous or anything. I'm HAPPY that he's happy. I am, okay? I'M HAPPY.

You know what, maybe I'll get myself a new man.

Not to make Peter jealous... for MYSELF.

I haven't been in a relationship since Peter and I broke up because I've been waiting to reunite with him. I see Peter couldn't wait that long though...

I'm over it though. He apologized. It's his life anyway, I mean he can do what he wants.

Suddenly, I heard someone opening the door so I threw myself out of my thoughts and opened my laptop, pretending to do something.

Peter walked in, scrolling through his phone. He tossed his keys on his desk and flopped down on his bed.

"Hey?" I said, after a minute of total silence. He didn't even say anything when he walked in.

"Hi," he replied bluntly.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, why?" He asked.

"You're being weird."

"How?"

"Well you didn't even say anything when you walked in."

He finally looked up from his phone. He turned it off and sighed. "Sorry. I'm super busy. I was concentrated."

"On what?"

"I have a composition due in Mr. Brenton's class by midnight tonight and I haven't even started."

"Oh... that's pretty bad," I admitted. "You should probably get on that."

"Yeah that's what I was working on. I have to sync it to my laptop now."

He opened his laptop and plugged his phone in to sync the information. "So how was your day?" He asked, clearly trying to make up for the lack of conversation.

"Pretty good. Garrett got paint on my jeans today and I'm pissed." I showed him the green paint splattered on the knee of my jeans. "It's so noticeable."

He laughed. "Garrett is so dumb."

(A/N: a guy got paint on my brand new high-waisted jeans a couple of days ago in theatre which is why I'm putting this in here. his name isn't Garrett but he's dumb and he threw a paint brush at me and it got all over my jeans and boy, I was PISSED. anyway back to the story, sorry for interrupting lol.)

"I know," I complained. "I JUST got these."

"Well I didn't get paint on my jeans but I did get in the head with a pencil if that makes you feel better."

I laughed. "What the fuck... who threw a pencil at you?"

He started laughing too. "I honestly don't know, I was just in the middle of taking notes during a lecture and felt a blow to my head and I looked down and there was a pencil."

(A/N: this was also inspired by true events, I have NOT had a good week.)

"I wish we had a class together," I chuckled.

"Yeah me too," he said, "maybe next semester."

I nodded. I heard a knock at the door and looked at Peter, confused. I bounced off my bed and strode to the door, then looked through the peephole.

Ugh, it's Garrett.

I mouthed the word "Garrett" to Peter and he rolled his eyes. I held in a laugh.

I waited a couple of seconds and opened the door. I flashed a very fake smile. "Heyyy Garrett."

"Hey man, can I talk to Pete for a sec?" I nodded.

"Peter, Garrett wants to talk to you." He got up and walked over to the door.

"Oh yeah, sorry for getting paint on your jeans bro," he apologized to me. "It's cool," I said and sat down at my desk.

It's not cool, fuck off.

Garrett is the definition of straight frat boy.

I wasn't really paying attention to what they were saying. I just caught a few words: composition, pencil, tonight, attention.

Peter closed the door after a few minutes. "He wants my help writing Mr. Brenton's composition. He said that he's the one that threw a pencil at me because he wanted to get my attention. Dumbass."

"So are you going to help him?"

Peter sighed. "I mean if I don't, he's going to fail. Plus I want to be nice."

I smiled. He's so sweet. "Just make sure he doesn't have paint anywhere around you."

Peter giggled. "I will."

-
-
-

{A/N heyyy it's Reese. sorry for the late-ish update. I've had a HORRIBLE week. like I won't even get into it because it's too much for me to handle and I'll probably start crying but it's fine, I'm fine :) Destiny is also super stressed out with stuff she's doing. we're both falling apart. lol. it's finals week. anywayyy, thank you guys so much for reading as always, and don't forget to vote, comment, and enjoy! also don't forget to follow us for future updates and books ;) love you guys so much and... just pray for us. thanks}