Chapter 12

(A/n I would grab a snack before reading this if I were you. If not you're definitely gonna be hungry afterwards. Just saying. 🙂)

*PETER'S POV*

Today is the day of food. Best known as Thanksgiving, well, at least in America.

I woke up, my skin tight from the healing burns. They looked better today. The suit helped prevent them from being much worse. Let's just say my shower hurt like a butt-cheek on a stick, but my wounds had to be cleaned, so I manned up.

Anyways, enough about wounds. Let's talk about food. Pops and Dad ALWAYS go all out. I remember my first Thanksgiving with them when I was 14. It was my first Thanksgiving without May and Ben. They made a huge feast with glazed ham, turkey, and all the sides imaginable.

Each one of the Avengers usually have their own dish they have to make for dinner.

Wanda and Pietro usually make a Sokivian dish, which is always amazing. Aunt Natasha makes her famous sweet potatoes with the marshmallows on top. She has this other ingredient she puts in it, but she won't tell anyone cause it's her "Secret Recipe"...I think it's nutmeg...maybe honey?

Even though Vision is a computer, robot, human AI? He still makes probably one of the BEST dishes. Maybe it's because everything has to be perfect? He makes macaroni and cheese. But not that Kraft Mac&Cheese, I'm talking full on huge glass dish with two-three different noodles, with five-six different cheeses backed to perfectión. IT'S AMAZING.

Uncle Bruce makes what he calls "Hulk Casserole" which is basically green bean casserole. Then Thor...he tries his best this time of year. He usually pulls off a pretty darn good stuffing though (a/n also called dressing depending on where you live) Pops and Dad are in charge of the meats. They don't trust anyone else with that job.

This year Harley and I decided to add something of our own to the mix. I plan on making garlic mashed potatoes. Mainly because it's somewhat easy. Harley though, is going ALL OUT. He is making a homemade apple pie with homemade ice-cream to top it off.

(A/n if you can't tell I'm STARVING, and I'm on the bus so I gotta wait until I get home. yay.)

Pops and Dad are making a more tropical ham and turkey this year. They are using pineapples and hence of coconut to flavor the turkey and adding some of their ~special~ ingredients.

Turkey can either be that weird dry texture OR it can be that AMAZING juicy texture with a burst of flavor with each bite. Well the second one is what Pops and Dad's is. It's amazing.

I roll out of bed smelling the smell of several different spices and herbs filling the air. I check my phone to see the time.

10:46 a.m. dang. Doesn't it feel good to sleep in.

I walk out in my pajamas and see that everyone has officially started their prepping.

"Well look who finally decided to get out of bed this morning." Pops has an apron on and is marinating the turkey.

"What can I say, I needed that sleep." I laugh.

I walk over to Aunt Nat.

"Nope, you know the rules mister." She puts her hand up pushing me back.

"But Naaaaat!" I whine. "I just want to know what you do to make it so freaking good!"

"If I told you, then it wouldn't be much of a secret now would it?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Ugh...fineee." I roll my eyes jokingly and help Thor with the measurements for his stuffing. After I help him with that I go next to Harley with my potatoes and start to prep my dish.